Thanksgiving has come and gone. Did you eat too much? I think I did. Didn't gain any weight (unless it sneaks up on the scales tomorrow), but we had plenty to eat.
It wasn't the traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year at the Rutherford's. Grandpa Mac was put in the hospital the night before, so we really missed him. He always has such a great sense of humor. Grandma Rose didn't get to cook her dressing, but Jodi took over most of the cooking and it was great. Of course, we all took a dish, so we had more than enough. It was just good getting together with everybody. Chad, Tabitha, Trent and Hope were in Dothan with Tabitha's mother. Tammy has always had to work on Thanksgiving and this was her first year off, so she wanted to cook for everybody. I think it was great that she was able to be with her family at Thanksgiving. But, they were sorely missed by everybody.
My Aunt Audrey got put in the hospital on Thanksgiving day. They haven't determined what's wrong with her yet.
Vance had to work Friday. I was off. Our dog, Shadow, has been just laying around for several days and she yelps when she tries to get up. I was able to get an appointment with Vinnie's vet (Shadow's vet was closed) and took her in Friday afternoon. The vet checked her over and he thinks she may have just pulled a muscle in her hips. Since it came on so fast, he doesn't think it is hip dysplasia or arthritis. He gave us some pills for her to take for 8 days. If she is better, we will know that it was just a pulled muscle. If she's not, she has to go back for x-rays. We say improvement that same night and she has seemed better ever since. Today was the first time she yelped when she got up. These hardwood floors are slippery.
I had a funeral to go to Friday afternoon. A dear sweet lady from the church I used to attend passed away. She was also the mother of a co-worker and the grandmother of one of the boys (Matt) that I used to take to church. The service was so nice. Connie and Dave sang "The Lighthouse". It was just like old times. Connie spoke about Mrs. Sue and then Matt spoke about his granny. It was so touching. I remember a time after I had left the church and started going to the church I go to now. I was in the Winn-Dixie and heading out to my car. Mrs. Sue came running out of the store yelling my name. I stopped and she hugged me and told me how much she loved me and missed me. We talked a few minutes, then she went back into the store. I think she had left the check-out to come speak to me. That was the way she was. She was a very special lady. She will be missed by many, but we know that we will see her again in heaven. I know she will stop whatever she's doing to greet me when I get there.
Saturday, I spent at home watching Christmas movies on TV. For some reason, I was so tired. I didn't even get out of my pj's until around 1:00 when I knew Vance would be coming home from playing golf. I did wash a couple of loads of clothes, but that's about all I did. Later that night, I had to make potato salad because we were having Chad and Tabitha and the kids over today for Thanksgiving with them. It took all I could do to stir up the ingredients and pour them into a bowl. I guess I just needed some rest, cause I feel fine today.
This morning, I went to church. We had a great service. A lot of people got ministered to at the altar. A lady came for special prayer for healing. She said she felt like she should come to our church to get prayed for. I believe she got her healing.
After church, we had Chad, Tabitha and the kids over to eat. Vance cooked a turkey and most everything else. I did fix the potato salad. He's such a good cook. And his smoked turkey is out of this world. I think it gets better everytime he cooks one. The afternoon was spent resting cause it's back to work tomorrow.
I pray that everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving and remembered to thank the Lord for all your many blessings. I know I've been thanking Him, cause I have a lot to be thankful for.
Goodnight and God bless..............
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment