Went and did a little shopping yesterday. Had to buy a baby gift for a friend that I used to play softball with. Another friend told me to go to Ross cause I would be able to get more for my money. Boy, was she right! And it was good stuff. I bought a baby blanket (you know, the real soft kind that they will love to carry around because it feels so good), two receiving blankets and five oneses for under $20.00. Last time I bought a baby gift, I went to Target and didn't get that much for $30.00. I'll be shopping at Ross more often. Went to her baby shower and there must have been over 50 ladies there. She was definitely blessed. Saw some of the ball team. Haven't seen them in about 6 years. I only stayed an hour. She hadn't even started opening her gifts yet and I think they were going to play several games. There were just too many people there for me.
Worked on another faux stained glass project. I had found a book of angel transfers that I had bought years ago. You can iron them on fabric and color them. Well, they are so old that they probably wouldn't transfer any more, so I used one as a pattern for my project. I was very pleased with it when I finished. I had put it on a piece of plastic just to use as a window cling, but decided today that I wanted to frame it. I peeled it off the plastic and put it on an 8x10 piece of glass and found another pattern for the background. Drew it out with the leading, waited about four hours and painted it. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm going to have to take pictures of them and share them with you.
Yesterday when I came home from the shower, I was totally exhausted. I guess I overdid it with all the shopping. I ached all over and just felt wore out. I wish I could remember to take my vitamins. I know I'd feel better. You'd think the B12 shot would have given me some energy, but it didn't. Maybe I am deficient in B12.
Tabitha called this morning and said she wasn't going to church. She didn't feel good. She's got a bad cold and didn't want to give it to anybody at church. Hope wanted to go, so I went by and picked her up. She loves to go to church. She just gets so excited. I turned down a different road today and she wanted to know where we were going. She said "This is not the way to church. It's the way to Trent's school. We're not going to school are we?" I assured her it was the back way to church. When she saw the church, she was so excited. We got out and she went straight to the nursery and opened the door and went inside without even a goodbye. She loves Mrs. Lettie and Mrs. Julie and all the kids.
We had a good service. Pastor Sammy was in a great mood and it showed in his preaching. We had time at the altar afterwards. A lot of people got ministered to. Isn't that what it's all about? If people aren't getting ministered to, what's the point in having church? You can watch a preacher on TV to get the Word, but sometimes you just need a more personal touch. One-on-one prayer means a lot.
Well, it's after 11:00, so I guess I better get ready for bed. Gotta work tomorrow. At least, this week will be a short one - only three days.
Goodnight and God bless..................
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment