Thursday, November 15, 2007

Half a Day Off

We had our safety meeting this morning. It was actually pretty interesting. Rankin showed a video of the Thunderbird's pilot who crashed. It was heart-stopping. It actually showed him ejecting. The camera was right in front of him and it showed him leaving the plane. He survived the crash. Thank You, Lord, for that. But, Rankin wanted to show us that even though we do something over and over again, we can still make mistakes. It gets to be such a habit for us that we sometimes miscalculate and that could be deadly.

Kim had to go to Pensacola for a meeting, so we didn't get to share a cup of coffee this morning. I had a few timesheets to enter and I was done for the day right before lunch. I asked my boss if I could take the afternoon off since I was finished and had a doctor's appointment. He said I could.

At lunch, we got to paint the pictures we leaded yesterday. Mine is a cat and I think it's going to turn out pretty good. I'll see tomorrow.

After lunch, I left and went to the doctor. No, I'm not a diabetic yet. I am right below the line and she said I really need to lose weight so that I don't cross over that fine line. She gave me a B-12 shot and put me on two different kinds of medication to keep me from developing diabetes. She also gave me a glucose test meter and told me to use it every day to test my sugar level at different times of the day. These meds are also supposed to help you lose weight. We'll see if they work. I pray that they do. I really just haven't had the desire to lose the weight. No, I don't like how I look, but I didn't want to do anything about it. I just wanted to keep eating the sweets - the worse things I could be eating.

After leaving the doctor's office, I went to Hobby Lobby and got a bottle of paint that I need for the stained glass picture I want to work on at home. I had all the other colors, but I didn't have black. Came home and washed a load of clothes. Printed out copies of some pictures of my boss to give to him. Friday is his last day with us. I hope to be able to take a group photo tomorrow of the whole bunch of us to give to him on Friday. I'll take my camera and see if I can round up the whole group. If not, I'll get as many as I can.

Went to church. We had an awesome service. Pastor Jim preached about the thief coming to kill, steal and destroy. That's the verse that got Tabitha in church. Trent went home one Sunday and told her that's what they studied in Children's Church. It got her to thinking and she was in church the very next Sunday. That's been over three years ago. I think she was expecting Hope at the time.

After church, in the parking lot, Tabitha, Kim, Carrianne and I were talking about getting together one day for lunch right before Christmas. Carrianne's birthday is the 17th. Maybe we can do it that day. You should have seen Hope. She looked like a little biker. She had on jeans and a leather vest and boots. She was so cute.

When I got home, Vance was asleep in his chair. I ate and went into the dining room and worked on a stained glass project. I guess he didn't know I was home, cause he got up and went to bed without kissing me. That's just not like him.

I think Kim is coming over tomorrow night so I can teach her the stained glass technique. It will be fun. I hope she gets to come.

Well, it's after midnight, so I guess I better get some sleep. Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments: