Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sugar Overload

For the past two nights, I have helped Penny move. Monday night, she and I loaded up Vance's truck four times with boxes and unloaded at the house. I was wore out when I got home. I'm just not as young as I used to be. Last night, Penny and I worked an hour and a half by ourselves before Tiffaney and Chip showed up. We really needed a man, cause we had the big, heavy items to move - washer, dryer, furniture..... Chip brought a dolly and his trailer. That made all the difference in the world. Penny and I had a dolly Monday night, but Chip's was much better. His will lay down flat, so that helped a lot. We all worked from 5:30 till 10:15 and got everything moved except the couch. The house had the new cabinets still in boxes in the living room, so there was no place to put the couch. The cabinets were supposed to be installed today and Mikey was going to get the couch.

When I got home last night, my back was hurting so bad. Kim had given me a heavy-duty massager to use on my shoulder when it was hurting so bad. I used that on my back and took an Aleve. I woke up this morning with no pain. Thank You, Lord!

Went with Kim to Wal-Mart after our safety meeting to get charcoal for our cook-out today. We were honoring Kenny and Sid. They will be leaving us pretty soon. The guys cooked ribs and chicken and it was so good. We had a good time of fellowship - something our company needs more of. We used to be able to do things like this from time-to-time and it was great for morale. But, upper management won't let us do it anymore. To get to the sugar overload, we had four desserts and I had to taste them all. We got banana pudding from Smitty's. I swear there were no bananas in it. It tasted like a vanilla pudding with a few vanilla wafers in it. Also had a small piece of cake, a little pecan pie and a spoonful of peach cobbler. I was miserable all afternoon.

Of course, I had tons of timesheets to do today. The supervisors have been great and have gotten me most of the timesheets already. I may be able to get them all in tomorrow without having to come in Friday morning to finish up.

Kim isn't going to go to Biloxi. I was really looking forward to her and Angela going. Maybe some other time.

Went to church. Mrs. Sandi had called me at lunch to tell me they had gotten one of those blow-up slides for the kids to play on, an outdoor theater screen, were going to have hot dogs and chili and face painting and other games for the kids. We just had Praise and Worship and all went outside and had fun. Karen talked me into climbing up and sliding down the slide. It was a hard climb. You have to pull yourself up by a rope. And the slide down jolted my already sore back. I did it once by myself and once with Hope in my lap. Once she went down with me, you couldn't hold her back. People would help her up and down she'd go and hurry back for another turn. She loved it. Chad came with Tabitha and the kids and I think he had fun with them too. Pastor Sammy gave Trent and Hope little scooters to take home. I stayed around until 9:00, then my back got to hurting from just standing around (eating candy). I had to use the massager on it again. I'm about to go take some more Aleve and go to bed. I'm exhausted.

Goodnight and God bless....................

No comments: