Managed to find a long sleeve sweater to wear today. I have got to find my winter clothes. I'm thinking I gave them all to Goodwill back during the spring when I was cleaning out and throwing away. Cause I can't find them in my closets. Bummer! That's what I get for cleaning house.
Ended up having two cups of coffee this morning. I usually only drink one, but today was cool enough for two. All that did was make me hungry, so I ate some yogurt. Had planned on getting bloodwork done this morning, but got up late. Will I ever get up on time again? Maybe tomorrow.
Had a lot of work to do today, so I stayed in my office most of the morning. Kim and I went to Captain D's for lunch. I always get the baked fish, steamed veggies and had a baked potato today. It was good as usual. I wonder why they don't have a Captain D's in Tallahassee. Somebody should get the franchise. I'm sure they could make a lot of money. After we ate, we drove by my grandmother's house and nothing has been done to it. There's a sign out front stating that it's For Sale, but I didn't get the number. It's probably my Aunt Betty's number.
After lunch, I carried my candle jar over to show Martha and explain how I made the stencil. She wants to put a "W" on a glass, but can't find a stencil the right size. I gave her some ideas about looking in the hardware part of Wal-Mart. You can usually find larger alphabet and number stencils there. She couldn't understand, until I drew it out, how to use them. I told her to take the letter and set it aside and just use the cardboard that was around it to stencil from. She understood then and said that was a great idea and she'd have to go looking after work. Sometimes God just amazes me when He drops those brilliant ideas into my brain. I know it's not from me, cause I'm not that smart. But, ideas just pop in my head that make sense to people. Isn't He amazing?
After work, I went to Hobby Lobby to see about getting a stencil and maybe some jars or glasses to etch on. Got a stencil, but the jars were too expensive. I need to make a trip to Old Time Pottery or something like that. It's in Destin and they have cheaper prices. Maybe Kim and I can go after church Sunday. After I left there, I managed to get in a traffic jam on 390. I thought it was just rush hour traffic and a lot of it was, but then I got to State Avenue and saw that the police had the road blocked off. They detoured us through Venetian Villa over to Northshore, then we were on our own to find our way out of Northshore. I've only been in Northshore a couple of times - during the day. I had no idea where I was or where I was going or if I could even find my way out. It looked like people were turning around and going back out. I just kept driving a few more blocks until I say 19th Street. I figured maybe I could drove a few more blocks and manage to find 14th or 12th. I knew I could find my way from there. I found 14th and headed East. Then, I ran into another police car with lights flashing, but I think he had pulled someone over. A couple more blocks and I saw familar surroundings. By this time, I was having pains in my chest and felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I haven't had one of those in years. I started praying and got calm again and managed to find my way home. What normally would have taken about 15 to 20 minutes took about 50 minutes. I was exhausted when I finally got home. If it had been daytime, I wouldn't have had any problems. I was afraid I would get down some road and end up getting totally lost and have to stop at someone's house and ask them to direct me back out. Still haven't found out what was going on. Maybe somebody at work will know tomorrow.
Wanted to do some more glass etching or some other craft, but was just too tired. I watched CSI and Without A Trace (they were combined tonight). It was really good. Ate some more of Vance's chili. He makes the best! Now, it's time to go to bed. I'm trying not to stay up as late tonight as I have been. Maybe I can get up in time to go have my bloodwork done.
Goodnight and God bless............
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment