Thursday, November 20, 2008

Internet Users Beware!

One of the girls from work came into my office to give me a warning about what has happened to her entire family and friends on Facebook. It seems her brother went in to sign up, but never got around to inviting any friends. Everybody started getting invitations from a man with her brothers name (I'll call him John Doe). Of course, when they saw John Doe, they all accepted his invitation. There wasn't a picture attached at first, so they all thought it was her brother. He started making friends with the younger friends of the family and their friends gaining access to dozens of accounts. Then, he started putting info in his profile and they realized he was not John Doe. He ended up being from Switzerland. A member of the family works at the courthouse and she was looking at his account and saw pictures of some of the younger girls there. She called over a police officer that was walking by and they started looking at the pictures and links that he had set up on porn sites. They saw pictures of the girls in their family on these porn sites. In some of them, he photoshopped himself into the picture. She asked the officer what could they do about it and he told her absolutely nothing - when you put pictures on your web pages that anybody can access, they can do anything they want to with them and you can't do a thing about it. So, please watch what you put on your pages. Especially if you or your teenager poses in scanty clothes, you may wind up on a porn site. With technology today, all they really need is a picture of your face and they can put it on somebody else's body. I think I'm going to start deleting the pictures I have on Facebook and MySpace. I would suggest you do the same. Nothing is safe anymore. One thing, I'm very careful about who I allow access to. They were, too, and look what happened to them.

Well, that's all for tonight. I'm not going to bore you with what I did today. Same ole, same ole.

I'll be busy the next couple of days. I've got to take Daddy to the doctor tomorrow, then go to the beauty shop and let Marsha wash out this straightening conditioner (Keratin Complex). Straight hair at last!

Friday, I'll work until 3:00, then meet some friends at a park and take pictures of them for their Christmas cards. I've got a photo shoot with Penny and her family Sunday afternoon. I love doing this! Hopefully, one day, that will be my job.

I'm tired now, so goodnight and God bless..................

No comments: