Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Took a Day Off

I stayed up late last night, or should I say this morning? So, when it was time to go to work, I just could not get out of bed. I called and left a message for my boss and then called Kim. She's got a bad case of sinusitis. That's why she missed church yesterday. I had tried to call her yesterday, but never got her. I told her I was going back to bed and I did. I climbed back into bed and slept until around 10:00. I got up and ate low carb ice cream for breakfast. Not a good breakfast, but that's all I wanted.

I felt led to pray for our country and the outcome of the election tomorrow. It is heavy on my heart to see the right man put in office. I know that no matter who goes in, it is in God's hand and He is still in control. But, if praying can help, I sure wanted to get my prayers heard. I've been praying off and on, but I felt an urgency today. I will be glad when the election is over and we can truly see what is going to happen with our country and our lives. May God have mercy on our souls........

My phone was on charge and I had forgotten to take it off vibrate, so I didn't know that both my parents were trying to get in touch with me. With them, every thing is an emergency. I called Mama and she wanted me to come by this afternoon and pick up two checks to be deposited. I called Daddy and he wanted me to go to the Credit Union and get him some money and then take him to AmVets. So, I took a shower and went to the Credit Union. Stopped by Walgreen's and picked up Vance's prescription on the way. After leaving the Credit Union, I went to Wal-Mart just to pass some time and to get a thing of stickers to use on Fox's scrapbook. I haven't started it yet. I just got the scrapbook the other day and have not had any time to put it together. Am also waiting for more pictures from Vance, Michelle and Shannon. I've got ideas, but I'm gathering the supplies I need to go with my ideas.

Took Daddy to the AmVets and then went to Mama's. Stayed and visited with her until 6:30. I've been reading and enjoying and old friend's website. Check it out: http://wonderwomansworld.webs.com/. I've known her since first grade and we still keep in touch. She's got some good Southern recipes there.

Got a call a few minutes ago. Mrs. Sandi has taken Pastor Sammy to the hospital with heart palpations. Please pray for him whether you know him or not.

I think I'll get ready for bed now. Goodnight and God bless............

No comments: