Time changed which meant an extra hour of sleep, right? Then why was I so sleepy this morning? I had such a hard time getting up. Took an extra long shower trying to wake up which meant I didn't have time to straighten my hair before going to church. I hate when that happens. I'm so looking forward to getting it straightened again by Marsha. Probably right before Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!
Church was really good today. We had a lot of visitors. Now that we have a van, we can go pick up people. Josh picked up about 10 people, some from the Rescue Mission. Some very sweet people. I'm so glad we got a van and can reach out to more people, especially those who have no way to go.
Tabitha and the kids followed me home and we made two fliers for Tabitha to put up at work. She's wanting to raise money for under privileged children this Christmas. A lot of them won't have Christmas because people just aren't giving to charities like they used to. I've noticed the United Way signs aren't showing even half what they usually collect by this time of the year. Don't people know it's better to give than to receive? We've got to stop thinking all about ourselves and start thinking about others who are really hurting financially right now. The Bible says to give and it shall be given to you, pressed down, shaken together and running over. I'm proud of Tabitha. They are hurting financially right now and she and Chad are thinking about other people and what they can do to help them.
After they left, I ate a TV dinner and took a nap. Vance went to the grocery store and grilled sausage for supper. We had sausage dogs. Not bad. There is some sausage that I just can't stand, but this was pretty good. I really prefer deer sausage to any other kind, but I only get it at work. Vance won't even cook it if I bring it home. He says he doesn't like it. I grew up on deer meat, squirrel, rabbit........ I come from a long line of hunters, so we had stuff like that all the time. Mama even raised chickens and ducks.
Check out Vance's blog for an update on Fox and a few pictures. He even shows a picture of the x-ray of Fox's leg. Poor baby. But, he seems to be handling it pretty well. I'm still praying for a quick recovery so he can get out of that cast.
Well, guess I better get to bed. Gotta get up in a few hours and go to work. Bummer!
Goodnight and God bless................
Monday, November 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment