Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pray for Hope


I've just finished some work that I brought home to do, cause I'm going to the Surgery Center to be with Chad and Tabitha while Hope has dental surgery later this morning. I think it's the Rutherford curse - bad teeth. She has several that will have to be pulled, filled or capped. Please say a prayer for her for a quick recovery with no pain.

Hope is a member of the Sandbox Singers and they had their first concert tonight and I couldn't go. :( Tabitha didn't know about it until this morning, so I didn't have time to make other arrangements. It started at 5:00 (I worked till 5:20) and there were going to be other choirs there, too. I had promised to loan Steve one of my cameras so he can take some pictures of a bald eagle tomorrow, so I had to go to church. But, there will be about five more concerts between now and Christmas. Tabitha will get me a schedule. She thinks the big concert will be on the 6th, a Saturday. I'm sure I will go to some of the other ones if they fall on days that I can go.

I took lunch today and went to the marina. I sure am enjoying that little bit of peace during the day.

It started raining as I was going home. Really hard. There were ambulances, police cars and a fire truck heading south on Hwy 77 when I got into Lynn Haven. I rushed in and got the camera, extra batteries, brushed my teeth and kissed Vance goodbye and headed to the church. I got stopped and had to wait in traffic before I got to Harvest Worship Center on Hwy 390. There was an accident right before Transmitter Road and they had the road blocked. I called Karen to let her know that I'd be late. And, no, that's not where the other emergency vehicles were going - wrong direction.

Made it to church and we practiced. Had a good worship service, then I went into the Ladies Bible Study. I sure am enjoying learning about the tabernacle from Beth Moore. She is such a good teacher. She just makes the Word come alive.

Pastor Sammy is responding to treatment, but he has two different kinds of staph infections - one in his blood and one in his face. Visitors are asked to stay away and just call. His immune system is down and these infections are highly contagious. I sure don't want to catch them. Please keep him in your prayers.

I guess I better go to bed if I'm going to get up and be at the Surgery Center at 7:30. I need to get gas on my way. Should have stopped tonight, but I knew Vance was waiting up for me. I got detoured after I left church. I thank the Lord that several people kept stopping me and talking to me in the parking lot after church. Normally, I just leave. Had I left when I walked out of church,I probably would have been involved in a big accident on my way home. We heard emergency vehicles, several of them, while we were talking. When I got onto 231, a police officer was directing traffic down Titus Road to Deer Point Road. As I turned back onto 231, I could see about a dozen police cars, with lights flashing, in the lane I would have been driving in. God is so good to protect me like that.

Now, I better get to bed. Goodnight and God bless.............

The picture above is of Hope, so you can see who to pray for.

No comments: