We didn't have the safety meeting this morning. I think they are going to have one tomorrow, but they aren't sure. So, I probably won't go. Sounds like they don't have an agenda.
I worked on reports all day. Trying to make sure everybody has taken their birthday off before the end of the year. If they don't take it, they lose it and I hate to see anybody lose a day off that they are entitled to. I almost lost mine last year. Normally, I take off one day the week of my birthday, but last year I got so busy I completely forgot. When I was running the reports around this time last year, I found it. Boy, was I surprised and thrilled.
For lunch, I went to Tally-Ho (the last original drive-in in town) and got a turkey club sandwich and fries. I drove down to the marina and ate. I should have stopped at half the sandwich and fries and given the rest to the seagulls, but I ate it all and was miserable all afternoon.
Had an appointment with Marsha to get my hair straightened again. I'm praying it works this time. Twice before, it didn't stay straight; but it was still easier to keep up. The worst part is that my hair will look dirty until it gets washed Thursday night. And I will have to sleep on the couch so I won't roll and put creases in it. But even with all that, it's worth it to be straight. Marsha's sister was there getting her hair done by Jason, Marsha's nephew. She is so funny. We all had a good time. It certainly wasn't boring.
Vance called just as I was about to leave and asked me to go by the store to get crackers for the chili. It's cold tonight, so chili is perfect. As I was getting ready to eat, my Aunt Rose called. She is having hip surgery tomorrow and she said she wanted me to put her on our prayer list. We talked for about 30 minutes, then I prayed for her before we hung up. I haven't talked to her since my cousin's funeral. Her son and daughter-in-law were shot to death by their son in February. It was horrible and I just have not been able to call her. I think I needed time to grieve myself, but it was easy to talk to her tonight. She sounds good and closer to the Lord than I've ever heard her. I immediately sent off a prayer request.
Now, I'm getting very sleepy, so I'm heading off to bed (ah,couch). Goodnight and God bless..............
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment