I just can't stop thinking about the 16 year old young girl from Vance and Michelle's church who was killed in a car accident Wednesday. My heart just breaks for that family. I can only pray that the family will be strengthened through the prayers of others. The funeral is tomorrow, Saturday, at 1:00. If you read this, please be praying for the Pastor as he shares Jesus with everyone. Pray that people will be reached and saved and that the devil won't get the glory for this tragedy. That something good will come of it. That Morgan's short life was not in vain. God bless that family.
I didn't get a chance to blog last night. I worked in my office until 9:15pm, then got hungry, so I came home, bringing a pile of work with me. Tabitha had made chicken and dumplings for us, so I ate as fast as I could, then got back to work on my computer at home. I worked until 2:30am. Would have kept working, but the server went down. I think that was God's way of telling me I needed some rest. I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.
I got up this morning, reluctantly. Jumped in the shower and took a long shower to try to wake up. Had to blowdry and straighten my hair, but I didn't get in a hurry. My boss is so good about letting me come in late because he knows that I work late to make up the time and usually work over. Sometimes I charge the company overtime and sometimes I don't. This week, I charged every single hour just so they would know how time consuming this new program is. I believe I've made enough overtime to be able to pay for all the repairs on the car. Isn't God good? He knows just what we need and makes a way for us to have what we need. By working overtime, I won't have to touch our budget. I called my boss on the way to work and told him I was running late. He told me to take my time, so I told him I was going to stop and get a cup of coffee somewhere. I had on my mind tea, a breakfast burrito and a hot latte from Sonic. Pulled in there and the line stretched around the building. Next stop would have been McDonald's, but I couldn't even turn in there. The line stretched out to the road. So, Burger King was next. I really didn't want BK, but I knew they had good coffee, the regular kind. That used to be the only place I stopped when I was taking my brother back and forth to Pensacola for chemo treatments. Sometimes, I would have to leave him overnight, so I'd stay with him until midnight or after and then drive home. I knew where every BK was that stayed open late and I'd hit every one for a cup of coffee. Coffee and Stevia, no sugar, but a lot of Half & Half.
I got to work about five after eight and put out fires all morning. Bad account numbers again that HAD to be adjusted today. I didn't even get to enter a timesheet until after lunch - another HC Steamer. (Oh, yesterday I had a good lunch. Our retiree was honored with a fishfry, so I ate with them. I have to tell you a funny story on myself. I had taken pictures on Tuesday of his retirement party and came home late from work and downloaded the pictures into my computer. I was snapping pictures inside of the all the honors and presents they gave him and then asked all the Transmission people to go outside for a group shot. I took about five pictures and just "happened" to click on to see how they turned out and saw "No CFS card". Oh No! I didn't break stride. I yelled "Don't move! Let me go get my other camera." I took about five more with my good ole Canon SLR and never told them what had happened. I later confessed to several of the guys who had cameras with them and asked for copies of their pictures to put in Jerry's album. They were all gracious and said they would get me copies. Richard actually brought me a copy today. Paul is sending me a copy on CD from Pensacola. I didn't realize until I was back at my office that I had a backup card for my camera in the camera bag. Can you tell I was a little bit tired? I can laugh at myself now, but I was only upset with myself yesterday.)
I ended up working till 7:15 tonight before I got all the time entered. Needless to say, my shoulders and neck were hurting something fierce. Vance, Michelle and Fox called while I was still working. Fox was pretending to be a duck and was quacking. He always makes me laugh. But I was crying like a baby when I got off the phone. I'm just a little emotional right now, can you tell?? :>)
I called Vance and asked if he wanted me to run by Captain D's and pick up supper. That's a Friday night ritual for us. We don't go out to eat anymore, so I go pick up Captain D's. Sometimes, I go get something from Old Mexico. Those guys there pick on me and tease me every time I go in. I would love to learn to speak Spanish so I could converse with them in their own language and find out what they are really saying about me. He ate and went to bed. Said he had been up late every night this week waiting on me to get home, so he was going to bed. Isn't he a sweetheart? Won't go to bed until I'm safely home. He took Tabitha to work and kept Hope until Chad got off.
Speaking of Chad, he is studying to become a manager of the Firehouse Subs where he works. God has really blessed him with this job. He immediately found favor with the owner, who is pushing for him to become the next manager. The boss paid for the books and course that he has to study and he will take his manager's test on February 14th. I believe God has put him in this job to bless him and prosper him because he and Tabitha have been faithful to pay their tithes even in the midst of not having enough. I also believe he will own his own restaurant one day and will become a millionaire. That was spoken over him when he was in the 6th grade and I have been declaring it ever since (over both of my sons).
Haven't had time to upload the pictures for my 365 Project. Will try to catch them up tomorrow. Check out the moon tomorrow night (actually tonight now since it's after midnight), especially as it is rising. It is supposed to be huge - a perigee moon I believe they called it. I saw one back in 1997 or 1998 when Earl and I were coming back from Pensacola. We were at the top of the bridge in Ft. Walton looking towards Destin and it looked like Destin was on fire. As we got closer, we realized it was the moon. I had to pull over to the side of the road. It was the most beautiful sight we had ever seen. And, wouldn't you know it, I didn't have my camera with me. So, if the clouds don't obscure it and it's not raining and I can find a good place to go to watch it come up, I do plan on taking pictures tomorrow night. You might want to check it out for yourself in your neck of the woods as we say here in the south.
I'll probably sleep late tomorrow to catch up from not sleeping all week. Ya'll have a blessed day and keep the Lord first and foremost in your thoughts. Goodnight and God bless........
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment