
Today's 365 Project photo is of a cake that was served at a retirement party this afternoon at work. I really need to get a life so I can take pictures of something really worth posting. Like kids, beach, animals, scenery, barns...... I need to go someplace during the day, but I can't because I have to work. Thank the Lord I have a job to go to. I am very grateful for my job and I love the people I work with. It's funny - the guy who retired was another one that Betty and I hired back in the day. He and I even graduated together from high school. I wish him all the best in his retirement. He was very good at his job and will be dearly missed by those who worked closely with him.
Kim and I had another morning of putting out little fires and not really getting much done. Bless her heart, I have to go to her for help; but she's always there for me. I really don't know what I would do without her. She always points me in the right direction or finds the answer herself. She got her hair cut and colored yesterday at the local Voc/Tech school. It looks really cute. Her granddaughters really made her feel good with their comments. They are such sweet kids.
I ate another Healthy Choice Steamer for lunch so I could keep working. It had a few less carbs, but still too many. So, when I went to the retirement party, I only ate fruit and a deviled egg - no cake.
I got to see several of the retirees who came for Jerry's party. They all keep asking me when I'm going to retire. Still no plans for retirement. I love my job, so why quit?
I worked till 6:15 again, then went straight to church. As I was about to get out of the car, Michelle called. One of the young girls from their church was in a bad car accident. She was requesting prayer. As soon as I got in, I asked the P&W team to pray, asked Pastor Jim to pray while he was praying before the service. After P&W service, we were asked to pray for Shirley, one of the ladies in our church who has been sick for a long time. The whole church came together at the altar and we prayed for her, then I requested prayer for the young girl, her family and youth of the church. I heard people praying for a miracle, but I also heard several praying that what the enemy meant for bad, the Lord would turn it around for good. We never had church. We had such a time of prayer that we just went back into worship afterwards. What an awesome church service.
When I got in the car, I found Michelle's message that the girl had passed away. The first thing I did was cry, especially for her parents, and then go back into the church and let the ones still there know what happened and to begin praying for the family and especially the youth. As I was driving home, crying and praying, I remembered the prayers. It is such a tragedy that a 16 year old died tonight. But, I believe something good will come out of this. There will be several young people at her funeral who don't know the Lord. I pray that whoever does her service will bring up the salvation message. That may be the only time some of these kids will ever hear about the Lord. Please keep this family, church and friends in your prayers. You don't need to know the names; God already knows them.
I'm tired, I'm heartbroken over the loss of this precious child and I need to go pray for them. Goodnight and God bless............

1 comment:
Thanks for praying, Mom.
The funeral is Saturday at 1, our pastor will be sharing Jesus with everyone there. Pray that the kids will have open hearts and minds, and that Morgan's life and death will point those lost kids toward Him.
Post a Comment