Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Half Hour Before Midnight on Monday 01/12/09


Still staying up late. Good thing I didn't make a resolution, huh?

My 365 picture is of some of my clear stamp pads. Pretty, aren't they?

Got to work early enough to go to the Safety Meeting, but just didn't want to go. Started making more corrections to the account numbers that they haven't worked out yet. Things just keep popping up that they don't know what to do with. Kim and I are just taking it in stride and trying to help them figure it out. I'm meeting more people over the phone than I've met in years. And, they have all been very nice. I've learned if you are nice to them right off the get-go and offer to help in any way that you can to fix the problem, they will bend over backwards to try and help you. It just doesn't pay to get upset over it.

One of the guys in Power Delivery (he's an engineer), decided to have a Gator celebration and bought 20 large pan pizzas from Pizza Hut for us at lunch. Hey, I'm not passing up a free meal. I ate a couple of pieces, then went back to my office to run some reports.

Tabitha called to see if she could bring Hope by around 3:30 for me to watch so she could go to work. Chad didn't get off till 5:00 and I would need to pick him up. No problem. Everybody is gone by that time, so there's no danger of her getting hurt walking through the warehouse. She just sits in my office and draws and talks to me. I needed to go to Office Max to pick up a toner cartridge for the fax machine in our office, so I took off at 4:00. Plus, I had only taken 30 minutes for lunch. We went to OM and I got the cartridge and we walked around for a few minutes killing time. She wanted to push the buggy. She would say "I want that." I'd say "You may want it, but do you really need it?" "No, mam." We left there and went and sat out in front of the Firehouse Subs waiting on Chad. I took them home and then came home and washed a load of clothes.

Been reading a lot of blogs on photography. I'm learning some things and finding out most of the instructions on how to manipulate the photos require Photoshop, the real expensive program - about $700. My piddly Photoshop Elements won't do the things I've tried out. Oh well, I like my photos mostly the way I take them. A little cropping here and there and turning from color to black and white if fine for me right now. Maybe when I have more time to really explore what my program can do, I'll try other things. I was just excited to be able to watermark my photos.

I said I was going to bed before midnight, so I better cut this short. I've got 15 minutes to get ready for bed. Good night and God bless............

No comments: