I can't believe my vacation is almost over. Only two more days, then back to the old grind.
We woke up this morning to a major thunderstorm. It was the thunder that woke me up around 8:00. Vance was already up. Monday is going to be rough getting up early now that I've gotten used to sleeping late. Vance didn't want to work on the floor while it was raining. He had to glue things down and I guess he didn't want to glue while the humidity was so high. Plus, I think he was tired and needed a break. I went into the dining room and worked on the filing cabinet until I got everything cleaned and and mostly thrown away. It's taken me a week, but the room is looking a little better and a little more organized. I threw away a lot of stuff.
Vance told me he didn't want the dresser back in the living room. It's an antique dresser that we inherited when we bought the house. Cindy and Terry inherited it from the previous owners. I don't know where they got it. Anyway, I got to thinking about it and called Chad to see if he and Tabitha could use it. I knew they were looking for one to go in Trent's room. Chad said he was sure they could use it, so I told him I'd clean it out and it'd be waiting on him whenever they wanted it. They have made an offer on a house and are just waiting for all the inspections to be done to see if they get it. It sits on a 1/2 acre lot and he said the backyard is really nice. I'll probably be able to part with some other stuff if they need anything we've got.
Vance went to get his driver's license and there were so many people there that he never got them. He said he'd make an appointment next Tuesday and try again.
Daddy called to see if I could go get him some groceries. I was right in the middle of wrecking the dining room, so I asked if he could wait until tomorrow. He said he could wait and wanted to know if I was coming in the morning. I told him I'd try to get there before noon, depending on how late I sleep. I think he wants to go to the VFW and shoot some pool.
Mama called to see how we were coming on the floor. Her car is messing up, too. The oil and coolant lights keep coming on. Chip went over yesterday and checked. She had oil and coolant, so we don't know what's wrong with it. She's afraid to drive it now. I still haven't gotten the cell phone to her that I bought for her. I'll try to do that tomorrow after I get Daddy's groceries. She said the guy that brings her oxygen is giving her a Shitzu puppy as soon as it's weaned. His dog had puppies and he promised her one. He told her she seemed very depressed. She said she was tired of staying cooped up in her house. She's afraid to go anywhere cause she's had a couple of those oxygen tanks leak and she's almost run out of oxygen while she's been away from home.
One thing I need to do tomorrow is clean the floor. You're supposed to clean it right after you install it. Looks like tomorrow will be another busy day. Vance is bailing out and going to play golf. He deserves to get away. He has worked so hard on the floor. He was exhausted when he went to bed tonight. My get-away will be Sunday morning when I go to church. Maybe he will feel like going out to eat tomorrow night. That would be nice, too.
Speaking of bed, I guess I better head that way. Good night and God bless..................
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment