One more day of freedom and it's back to work. I'm gonna miss sleeping late. Today was a very busy day.
I got up and ate breakfast around 8:00. Daddy called around 8:30 to see if I was going to be able to get his groceries. Told him I was about to start getting ready. Karen called to let me know that it was our turn to clean the church and could I help? Told her I had to get Daddy's groceries, but I'd be there. She said it would be around noon cause she had a hair appointment. I called Kim to see how she was doing. I had missed her call yesterday and didn't find the message until around midnight. She was babysitting, but said she would be free in time to help us clean the church. That was nice of her to offer to help us. I told her I'd call when Karen called me.
Vance called as I was getting ready to tell me if the car messed up to take it to Wayne and let him check it out. I said I would. And, sure enough, it messed up on me. It would hardly go, so I headed to Wayne's shop. He was underneath a Camero working on the rear axle and was in no position to stop and help me. So, I decided I was going to drive it anyway - just take back roads so I wouldn't get run over. I guess I drove about 4 or 5 miles before it leveled out and drove normal. I think there must be something wrong with one of the sensors.
I managed to buy Daddy's groceries and take them to him. I was right about him wanting to go someplace; only it was the AMVETS instead of the VFW. I dropped him off and headed to K-Mart. I was going to look for some drapery hooks. Just as I drove in the parking lot, Karen called and said she was headed to the church. It was about 12:15. I told her I would meet her there. I called Kim and she said she would head that way, too. I thought I would have time to run through Sonic and get some fries and tea, but they were packed, so I just went to the church. Karen wasn't there, so I took the time to clean out my car while I waited. Kim drove up just as Karen did. Steve was right behind them. The four of us, plus Karen and Steve's daughter tackled the church cleaning. Since I am so sensitive to cleansers that have a strong smell, I do the dusting and window cleaning. Kim and Hannah vacuumed while Steve and Karen c
leaned bathrooms and mopped. It took us a couple of hours, but we got it done.
I was starving and thirsty, so Kim and I decided to go to Sonic. We ate there, then I jumped in her car and we went to check out the house that Chad and Tabitha are looking at. It does have a big yard. I wish we could have gone inside, but I didn't want to just walk up to the door and knock and say "Can I look at your house?" No, I'll wait.
Kim dropped me off at Sonic to get my car and she followed me home to see the floor. She loves it. It makes the living room look larger and brighter. I told her about the dresser that we're giving to Chad and Tabitha. Actually, it's more of a chest-of-drawers than a dresser. It seemed like a dresser cause I had a mirror propped up on it. (See picture above.) But, I do have an antique dresser (with three mirrors) that I may see if they want to put in Hope's room. (Picture below.) I really hate to see it in a child's room cause it is such a nice piece, but I'm not using it. May as well get rid of it. I'm finally beginning to get the urge to de-clutter. (Michelle will be happy to hear that. She gave me a book on the subject a couple of years ago.)

Vance was home when we got there. He had already started ripping up the carpet in the kitchen. He's going to start laying the flooring on the first step down. Let me explain: our living room was originally the living room and kitchen combined. The door that now goes into our kitchen was the backdoor going onto the backporch and utility room then it stepped down onto the carport. That was closed in to become the kitchen and dining room. He's going to put the flooring on what used to be the backporch. Then, I think he's going to do the hall and we'll just buy more flooring everytime we get paid until we can do the whole house. We've got a lot of junk to move and that's when I'll be getting rid of a lot of stuff.
I had to run to Target with the intention of getting a Swiffer duster, but I ended up with a Bissell Flip-Ease (one side is for dry; the other for wet mopping). I've got to mop the floor and get that conditioner down. While I was at Target, I was cutting through from the vacuums and went through the scrapbooking section. I found that they have components to make your own scrapbooking/craft room furniture. You can put the sections together to create your own desk and storage units. I may have to check into that further. I'd really love to have a craft space where I can get to everything and it would be organized. Wouldn't that be great?!
When I got home, Vance wanted to go out to eat. He wanted to go to Outback, but when we got there the entire front porch was filled with people waiting to get inside. No way was he going to wait that long! So, we went to our usual place - Appleby's. He got the sirloin and I got the salmon.
When we got back home, I started moving furniture and cleaning the floor. Got the whole thing cleaned except under the entertainment center. We'll have to move that tomorrow. I've got to get some more of those pads to go under it so it won't leave marks on the floor. I really want to get rid of it and get something else. I'll have to look around.
After I rested awhile, I decided to color my hair. It was about 10:45 when I started. It's now 1:30 Sunday morning and I think I need to get to bed.
Good night and God Bless....................
I got up and ate breakfast around 8:00. Daddy called around 8:30 to see if I was going to be able to get his groceries. Told him I was about to start getting ready. Karen called to let me know that it was our turn to clean the church and could I help? Told her I had to get Daddy's groceries, but I'd be there. She said it would be around noon cause she had a hair appointment. I called Kim to see how she was doing. I had missed her call yesterday and didn't find the message until around midnight. She was babysitting, but said she would be free in time to help us clean the church. That was nice of her to offer to help us. I told her I'd call when Karen called me.
Vance called as I was getting ready to tell me if the car messed up to take it to Wayne and let him check it out. I said I would. And, sure enough, it messed up on me. It would hardly go, so I headed to Wayne's shop. He was underneath a Camero working on the rear axle and was in no position to stop and help me. So, I decided I was going to drive it anyway - just take back roads so I wouldn't get run over. I guess I drove about 4 or 5 miles before it leveled out and drove normal. I think there must be something wrong with one of the sensors.
I managed to buy Daddy's groceries and take them to him. I was right about him wanting to go someplace; only it was the AMVETS instead of the VFW. I dropped him off and headed to K-Mart. I was going to look for some drapery hooks. Just as I drove in the parking lot, Karen called and said she was headed to the church. It was about 12:15. I told her I would meet her there. I called Kim and she said she would head that way, too. I thought I would have time to run through Sonic and get some fries and tea, but they were packed, so I just went to the church. Karen wasn't there, so I took the time to clean out my car while I waited. Kim drove up just as Karen did. Steve was right behind them. The four of us, plus Karen and Steve's daughter tackled the church cleaning. Since I am so sensitive to cleansers that have a strong smell, I do the dusting and window cleaning. Kim and Hannah vacuumed while Steve and Karen c
I was starving and thirsty, so Kim and I decided to go to Sonic. We ate there, then I jumped in her car and we went to check out the house that Chad and Tabitha are looking at. It does have a big yard. I wish we could have gone inside, but I didn't want to just walk up to the door and knock and say "Can I look at your house?" No, I'll wait.
Kim dropped me off at Sonic to get my car and she followed me home to see the floor. She loves it. It makes the living room look larger and brighter. I told her about the dresser that we're giving to Chad and Tabitha. Actually, it's more of a chest-of-drawers than a dresser. It seemed like a dresser cause I had a mirror propped up on it. (See picture above.) But, I do have an antique dresser (with three mirrors) that I may see if they want to put in Hope's room. (Picture below.) I really hate to see it in a child's room cause it is such a nice piece, but I'm not using it. May as well get rid of it. I'm finally beginning to get the urge to de-clutter. (Michelle will be happy to hear that. She gave me a book on the subject a couple of years ago.)
Vance was home when we got there. He had already started ripping up the carpet in the kitchen. He's going to start laying the flooring on the first step down. Let me explain: our living room was originally the living room and kitchen combined. The door that now goes into our kitchen was the backdoor going onto the backporch and utility room then it stepped down onto the carport. That was closed in to become the kitchen and dining room. He's going to put the flooring on what used to be the backporch. Then, I think he's going to do the hall and we'll just buy more flooring everytime we get paid until we can do the whole house. We've got a lot of junk to move and that's when I'll be getting rid of a lot of stuff.
I had to run to Target with the intention of getting a Swiffer duster, but I ended up with a Bissell Flip-Ease (one side is for dry; the other for wet mopping). I've got to mop the floor and get that conditioner down. While I was at Target, I was cutting through from the vacuums and went through the scrapbooking section. I found that they have components to make your own scrapbooking/craft room furniture. You can put the sections together to create your own desk and storage units. I may have to check into that further. I'd really love to have a craft space where I can get to everything and it would be organized. Wouldn't that be great?!
When I got home, Vance wanted to go out to eat. He wanted to go to Outback, but when we got there the entire front porch was filled with people waiting to get inside. No way was he going to wait that long! So, we went to our usual place - Appleby's. He got the sirloin and I got the salmon.
When we got back home, I started moving furniture and cleaning the floor. Got the whole thing cleaned except under the entertainment center. We'll have to move that tomorrow. I've got to get some more of those pads to go under it so it won't leave marks on the floor. I really want to get rid of it and get something else. I'll have to look around.
After I rested awhile, I decided to color my hair. It was about 10:45 when I started. It's now 1:30 Sunday morning and I think I need to get to bed.
Good night and God Bless....................

No comments:
Post a Comment