I didn't make it to work this morning. Yesterday afternoon, I started getting a headache and I woke up with a whopper this morning. Thank the Lord I had thought to ask my doctor for a prescription for migraine medicine. I took one and went back to bed. It has to be a really bad one for me to go back to our bedroom and crawl in bed. I hate sleeping in the bedroom during the day. I usually sleep on the couch no matter how sick I am. But, I just wanted to get where it was dark and quiet. Vance didn't even kiss me goodbye when he went looking at vehicles. He knew I wasn't well.
I finally woke up around 10:00 and moved to the couch. I felt a lot better. Watched HGTV and napped until Vance came home around noon. Right after he got home, FedEx dropped off the check for his truck. He fixed us a sandwich and then he went looking again.
Saturday morning, I talked to Olga about J's Seafood. She went there and carried my email to the owner. He said he knew exactly when we were there. The waitress had five tables seated and she just left without telling anybody. They don't know what happened to her or why she left. She told Olga to leave my email so he could contact me to apologize.
Penny came over around 10:00 and she and I went to Wal-Mart together. I got a Swiffer Duster/Mop and she got a couple of things. I asked her if she wanted some seafood for lunch (my treat) and she said sure. I said "Let's try J's Seafood again. The food was great, so I want your opinion." We went and the service was good. Didn't see either of the waitresses that were there the first time. I'm really curious as to what happened to that waitress. I do like mysteries.
I came home and Vance was home. I mopped the floor and really liked the Swiffer mop. The floor really got a shine to it. Gotta get some more of those mop pads. Vance asked if I wanted to go out to eat. I was surprised since it was past 5:00. We usually don't go out that late because the restaurant is usually packed. But, we went anyway. Had to park behind Appleby's cause it was crowded. We walked in the rain to the door and ended up having to wait about 20 minutes. That surprised me, cause Vance doesn't like to wait. He said Appleby's steaks were much better than Outback's and cheaper, too. Saw an old friend from school and she worked at Gulf Power with me years ago. It was really good seeing her.
Church yesterday was great. We had a few visitors. Mrs. Sandi preached on vision and not letting our desire for that vision to get pushed aside by circumstances. It was really good. I went and got Hope and took her to my car while Tabitha visited. Twice, Tracy and Deanna and parked their Denali beside my car and twice Hope has pointed to it and said "Nonna, that's your car." I take that as a sign that one day I'll have something that nice.
Okay, getting back to today. Vance came home around 3:30 and said he was pretty sure he was going to buy a red 2007 Silverado King Cab. It only has 9600 miles on it and they want $19,000. With the downpayment from the check, I think we will be able to afford the payments. He headed to the Credit Union to get the loan started, but Fran wasn't there. So, Dee gave him a form to fill out and he'll go back tomorrow morning to see Fran. When he told me it was a 2007, I remembered what Wanda had said "Lord, give him back double for his trouble. Give him a better, newer truck." We've never had a new vehicle before. God is so good.
When Vance brought the mail in, there was a letter from Best Buy wanting me to renew my service agreement on my Epson printer. Praise God! I couldn't remember where I had bought the printer from and didn't know that it was still covered under a service agreement. Now, I can get it fixed or replaced. God is so awesome.
Well, I better get to bed. I've got to go to work tomorrow. Good night and God bless...............
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment