Thursday, September 06, 2007

Half-way to the Weekend

It seems like Tuesday, but I know it's Wednesday because I had to be at work early for the safety meeting. Some good info on driving and backing and parking. Speaking of parking, I had to move my car this morning so the tree trimmers could trim the magnolia tree that we park under. There goes our shade!

Another busy day with timesheets. I have got to find a chiropractor or massage therapist to work on my right arm and shoulder. That muscle in my shoulder tightens up and hurts like crazy when I'm doing timesheets. I have to stop and wait for the tension to ease up some before I can continue. I've got to call my doctor and see if I can't get a prescription to go for therapy. It's causing problems in my neck and bringing back the headaches. Not a good thing, cause I don't like taking pain medication, so I usually just hurt.

Had a great time at church tonight. Pastor was in rare form. Sometimes, he just cracks us up. But he was serious, too. He preached on faith - you know, that faith that can move mountains... forgiveness - you gotta forgive others before God can forgive you. It's in the Bible....I know personally, that when you forgive someone, it frees your spirit. They may not even know that they did something wrong, but when you forgive them, you are no longer in bondage. That's such a great feeling. I've had plenty of people in my past that I had to forgive. Those who molested me as a child. That was the hardest thing I ever did was to forgive them. But, when I did and really meant it (not just giving lip service to look good), I set my soul free. Now, forgiveness comes easy to me. I'm not going to give somebody else the power to control my life just because they hurt me in some way. I'm going to forgive them and get on with my life. I've found when you are determined to be a forgiving person, that you find you don't have to forgive many people because you are not as easily offended. I don't let things bother me as much as I used to. God is so good about forgiving us when we ask. Even Jesus said "Forgive them for they know not what they do." That's the way a lot of people are - they don't know that they are hurting our feelings so they don't ask forgiveness. It's up to us to forgive them even when they don't know what they did to us. It's the best way to live..............

My sweet Tabitha and precious Hope came by the office today. Hope had been to the doctor. She has been sick - ear infection, allergies and bronchial problems. She has a weak immune system and gets sick when she is around a lot of other kids. She started Headstart and has gotten sick because of it. She has to stay out all this week and take antibiotics and breathing treatments. And, yes, Publix does give antibiotics away free of charge. So, if you find you can't afford your antibiotics, go to Publix. They will take care of you. I say "Thank you, Publix!" Please say a prayer for Hope. That she will be healed and that her immune system will get stronger so that she will be able to fight off any sickness that tries to attach itself to her. Chad can't afford to miss work to take care of her and Tabitha is missing school. I can't take off because it's timesheet week. Pray for the entire family.

Tabitha gave me the sweetest letter tonight at church. I've always asked "What is my ministry?" I don't do anything special. I can't teach, preach, etc. Well, Tabitha answered that question for me. She said my ministry is the love and support that I show people. You know, Kim has been trying to tell me the same thing. It just didn't seem important enough until Tabitha put it down on paper. So, to my precious daughter of my heart, thank you for making me feel loved and important to those around me. I tend to beat myself up too much and think I'm not doing anything to make a difference in people's lives. Well, I guess maybe I am when she puts it the way she did.

Now, I am so sleepy I can't think straight. If you can make anything out of what I have written....
I'm going to say goodnight and may God richly bless each and every one of you as He has surely blessed me with such a wonderful family. I love you all.............

No comments: