Friday, September 28, 2007

Here We Go Round and Round

It's been a long week. Very busy at work as usual. Fran had surgery on her neck Wednesday and she's doing great. I went to see her after work and she was doing really good. She went home from the hospital this morning. I went by to see her at lunch, but when I got there, I could see through the door that she was asleep. I saw Gary walk out back but when I called to him, he didn't hear me. I didn't want to bang on the door and wake Fran up, so I just left and went to get something to eat. Tried a new place - R & L Catering. It has a drive-thru that's open Mon-Fri. They have set meals for certain days. Today was ham, au graten potatoes, lima beans and a roll. It was pretty good.

Church was good last night. Pastor Sammy preached on "Cheated, Mistreated but not Defeated." As Christians, most all of us have been cheated and mistreated sometime in our lives. That's just the norm. But, as Christians, we are never defeated because we have Jesus on our side and He always brings us through the hard times. He was telling us that he had met a musician who used to play the drums for the Beach Boys. He and his wife are Christians and I think he has a band. Anyway, when the weather gets a little cooler, we are going to have an outdoor concert with him and our Praise Team and maybe some other groups. That will be so much fun. We'll rock the neighborhood!

I called and talked to Becky and she said Fran was eating and feeling so much better today. The surgery was a success and I believe she is going to heal quickly. I believe she will be back at work sooner than she originally thought. I'm going to sit with her Saturday. Maybe we will get to scrapbook after all. She just might be wanting to do something.

Tonight, I took Hope and Trent skating. It was the school skating party and Trent asked me last night if I could take him. Chad had been sick all day yesterday and he doesn't like going to those things anyway (he's too much like his Dad). Tabitha had to work tonight, so I said I'd take him. I think we've only missed one skating party since he started school. Hope wanted to go, so I said I'd take her too. She has only been on skates once and that was in July at her birthday party. When I put her skates on, she touched the wheels and said "Nonna, I want some other skates. These are too slow. I want to go fast." I told her she had to stick with the ones she had and that if she got too fast, she would fall down. Trent was so good with her. He took her out and skated wtih her. Brandon, their neighbor, also skated with her. If I didn't have all this extra weight on me, I would have put on skates. I haven't skated in about 20 years, but that's something you don't forget how to do. When I was a teenager, I used to skate every Friday night, Saturday morning (I taught the little kids how to skate), Saturday night and some Sunday afternoons. Lots of times, I got in free, cause I was helping the little ones. I loved to skate. I could skate backwards and even dance on skates - waltz-type dances with a partner. About 20 years ago, I fell and hit hard on my left knee. I had water on the knee for over a year (wouldn't go to the doctor to get it drained) and my knee would just collapse on me. But, God healed it when he healed my ankle and I haven't had any problems with it since. But, like I said, I'm way too heavy to be on skates now. If I fell, I'd never be able to get up. That would be so embarrassing. I need to get this weight off so I can at least try it again.

Time to go to bed. Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: