Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Pray for my boss

Before I tell what I've been up to, please say a prayer for my boss, Kenny. We are undergoing a major shake-up at work. Some people are losing their jobs and he's one of them. Just found out today that the job he was in is no longer his. We don't know if they plan on putting him somewhere else or letting him go. It just breaks my heart that he and his family are having to go through this. He is about 35 years old and has a wife and two children. He is a very brilliant man and I know he will be able to find another job, but he shouldn't have to. So, keep him in your prayers.

I kept Hope Saturday so Tabitha could study. She has a very heavy class load this semester. She also needs a lot of prayer. Hope had been sick all last week and had gotten real attached to her Mama and wouldn't let her out of her sight. So, Tabitha called to see if I would like to take her for the day. Trent had friends in the neighborhood to play with and was fine staying at home. I went and picked Hope up and we came home and she let me take pictures of her so she could make a scrapbook page to give to her mom. Hope is very active and usually will not sit still long enough for me to take many pictures of her. If you notice the pictures of her and Trent together, he usually has his arm around her neck - that's to hold her in place. Anyway, I took some pictures and then we went to Michael's to get a scrapbook page frame. As we were walking out, she saw some kids walk by with ice cream cones. She said she wanted one and the ice cream shop was right next door, so we went in to get ice cream. She picked the Circus flavor (it's blue with gummy bears frozen in it). She insisted on a cone, but kept dropping it all over herself, so the girl gave me a bowl to put it in. We ate our ice cream, then came back home and made the scrapbook page. I took a few more pictures and let her choose the pictures and the stickers to put on the page. We made one for her room and one of Trent for his room, then she made one for her mom. We had a lot of fun. She insisted on staying until PawPaw got home from playing golf. She loves her PawPaw. I didn't mind how long she stayed cause she was really good and we had fun. It was after 5:00 when I took her home.

Vance went to the store and bought a roast and all the things to go with it. It is so amazing how in tune we are with one another. Without saying a word to him, I had been thinking all day that I would love to cook a pot roast. He didn't tell me that's what he was going to buy. I waited until late and put it in the crock pot and cooked it on low all night so we could have it for Sunday dinner. It was so good.

Tabitha called me as I was getting ready for church yesterday morning to ask me to come over and pray for her on my way to church. She woke up with a bad crick in her neck. I stopped by and prayed for her. We had a good church service. Mrs. Sandi preached. She's always got a good message. I called Tabitha as soon as I got out of church and she said she was doing better. Praise the Lord!

We had our Ladies Ministry meeting tonight. Kim was supposed to give her testimony, but we kinda got sidetracked. There were only seven of us there and I believe she should speak before a bigger group. We're gonna announce it next month and I'm sure there will be more people there. We had a great time of sharing what was on our hearts. We're going to have a Ladies Chill Out in a couple of weeks at the beach. We'll be spending the night on a Friday night and have all day the next day to lay around on the beach. It's like a big slumber party. We always have a great time.

Well, guess I better get to bed. It's after 11:00 and I need my beauty sleep.
Goodnight and God bless..................

No comments: