What an emotional day it has been. Of course, everybody knows it's the anniversary of that horrible day when the Twin Towers and the Pentagon were hit. I thought about that on my way to work and cried for all those that were lost and those that were left behind.
Then, I get to work and cry for my boss who didn't come in today. I knew he wouldn't. I worry about him. What will I say to him when I do see him? I really don't know what to say. How do you tell somebody you are sorry that they lost their job? It was hard to concentrate on my job today. I kept wondering if he was okay. He had told me a couple of weeks ago that his wife was really worried about what was going to happen to them. She doesn't work as far as I know, so I'm sure she is upset. And they have two little kids.
We had a meeting today to show us changes to one of our computer programs. This whole week is laced with some type of meeting. I would really just like to take off for a week and go some where and vegetate - not have to think about anything.
I find myself turning to food for comfort and I'm gaining back the weight I just lost. I'm like an alcoholic who takes that first drink and then can't stop. I just want to eat all the time. Fran called to ask me about the new product that L.A. Weight Loss is using in their program. Maybe I should call them and start going back. I know I can lose weight with them. If I could just get in the habit of cooking again, I would be able to lose the weight. That's the thing about weight loss - you have to eat to lose. And you have to cook and plan your meals. That's just too much trouble for me. I don't want to have to think and plan and cook. Too bad I'm not rich like Oprah and could hire my own chef to make sure I eat the right foods. That would be the ideal answer to my problem. Dream on! That would be the perfect world and we just don't live in a perfect world, do we?
I think I need to go to bed before I go in the kitchen and take the rest of the Oreo Sonic Blast out of the freezer and eat it. I bought one yesterday and only ate half of it. If I sit here much longer, I will talk myself into eating it. And I certainly don't need it. I'm so miserable now that I don't know what to do with myself. I've eaten way too much food today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better and I won't feel the need to medicate myself with food. Please keep Kenny (my boss) and his family in your prayers.
Goodnight and God bless.....................
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment