Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I haven't been sick or anything, just haven't been in the mood to sit down and write.
My surgery went great and I am healing up nicely. Just had a day and a half that I didn't feel very good. My allergies were acting up and I was sneezing a lot and couldn't blow my nose because of the surgery, so I was real nauseated. Missed a day of work because of it. But, I'm fine now.
My sister, Penny, called me this morning and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the lake with her, Tiffaney and Swayde. I'm so used to saying "no" that I almost told her I couldn't go. But, you know what? I'm tired of sitting around all the time doing nothing and letting everybody else have fun. So, I told her I needed to jump in the shower so I could shave my legs and I'd put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and I'd call her back when I was ready to go. )I don't own a bathing suit anymore.) Didn't take but a few minutes. I made sure she had sunscreen, cause I haven't been in the sun in ages and didn't have any. She did, so we were ready to go. She stopped and picked me up and we went to Sonic for something to eat and drink. It was around lunch and we hadn't eaten. Then, we headed to the lake. It's Chip and Angie's lot that we went to. Thank goodness, the next door neighbor has steps leading down to the lake. It's a steep hill that we would have to climb. They also have chairs that they allow us to use. We had a good time before we started seeing dark clouds and hearing thunder. We were there 2 hours before we had to leave because the thunder was getting louder. I didn't get sunburned. Whatever that spray sunscreen she had, it works pretty good. We got into a real heavy rainstorm on our way home. I think we left just in time. Now, that I've been, I'll have to go back whenever Penny calls again. I really enjoyed myself.
Vance was already home when we got there. I jumped into the shower, then took about a 20 minute nap and he asked if I wanted to go out to eat. We haven't done that in months! We went to Appleby's and I had the Weight Watchers Steak and Portbellos and it was really good. He talked about wanting to go to Biloxi sometime between now and the end of the year.
I got my printer back and got it home and plugged it in and it wouldn't turn on. I couldn't believe it. It was plugged into the same power strip that my computer is plugged into. I was talking to Vance on the phone - had to check up on him to see how he was feeling. He had a vertigo attack on Tuesday. Since I had them so often, I had to make sure he was doing okay. I have really been praying that God would heal him of this infirmity and that it won't be passed on to Fox. God healed me and I know He can do the same for Vance. Anyway, while I was talking to Vance, he told me to take the printer and plug it in a different outlet. I did and he was right. It worked. Now, I have the cord laying across the length of my computer room. I have to be careful and not step on it. I think there is a plug on the wall next to my desk that I can probably use. But, it will mean rearranging things.
So, I'm going to get to work and start moving things around. Michelle sent me a link to a website for clutterers and I promised her that I was going to be doing some of that this weekend. Had planned on starting today, but the lake was much more fun. I'll start right now and continue the rest of the weekend.
Love you all - God bless you this weekend as you enjoy your time off.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment