Saturday, March 22, 2008

Friday at Last!

Whew! What a busy day. Of course, it was timesheet day, so I was very busy. But, I do love my job.

Daddy called and asked me to go get him some groceries and dog food for Reba. I did that at lunch. Reba is so cute! She barked at me when I walked up, like she was very glad to see me. I stopped at Sonic and bought us a hamburger. I didn't stay and eat with him, cause I needed to get back to work. I ate mine while entering the timesheets. I'm supposed to teach a new girl how to do my timesheets, so she can be my backup. Kim is listed as my backup, but she's got a lot on her plate. Hopefully, I won't ever need somebody to back me up. I don't plan on getting sick or taking vacation on timesheet day. I've been able to work my life around timesheets for 30 years. Why stop now? Vance and I don't take vacations anymore. If we do, it's just to stay home and work around the house; and usually, we do that on separate days from each other so we don't get in the other's way.

My right shoulder and my left elbow were really hurting when I left work today. I came home and put ice packs on them and took an Aleve. I guess I'm going to have to go back to the doctor about my elbow. It hurts worse than ever. If it's tennis elbow, shouldn't it be getting better by now? I've got a lot to do around the house and this elbow thing is keeping me from being able to move things. I vacuumed last night and it hurt just moving the vacuum cleaner around.

My friend, Debb, is visiting family in Idaho and has been sick the entire three weeks. She has lost over 30 lbs. because she can't eat. She tried to get her flight changed so she could come home early, but they have no flights available. She will come home next Friday. She's called crying several times and it just breaks my heart. She went to visit family she hasn't seen in over 20 years and thought she would have a great time. They are not the people she remembered them to be and it's been a nightmare. She's already been to the hospital twice. We are praying that she will have the strength to fly home next Friday. When she first got there, she called saying she would probably move there, but then she got sick and the family hasn't been very supportive. They have their own issues to deal with that she didn't know about. And they don't know anything about "good ole Southern hospitality." Please keep her in your prayers. I'm going to try to get several people together next Friday to meet her at the airport with balloons and maybe flowers to show her that she's loved. She has had three years of disappointments and has been pretty much a hermit for those three years. We've been trying to get her back in church and I think now she's ready. She used to teach and preach and was awesome in the pulpit. I believe God is going to do great things with her if she will just allow Him to move in her life again.

After talking to her tonight, I went to get Vance and me something to eat. The sky was so clear and the moon was full. It was breathtaking. How can people not believe in a Creator when they see His handiwork all around? I just don't understand! It makes me cry because of the beauty of it all. And there are people going to Hell because they just can't see that God is all around them.How can you look at a butterfly and the perfection of it's wings and not see the Creator? Look at a newborn baby. How can people believe that baby descended from a monkey. If evolution were true, why are there still monkeys? Let me get off my soapbox. I don't know what made me go there. Oh yeah, the beauty of God's creation.

Well, I can't seem to quit yawning, so I guess I better get to bed. Have a blessed Easter. Remember HE IS RISEN!! And He died so that you might be saved. If you don't know Him, take some time right now to ask Him into your heart. He's just waiting for you to ask. It doesn't take an elaborate prayer. Just tell Him you are sorry for your sins and ask Him to forgive you and come into your heart. He will.

Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments: