Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Wow, What a Busy Day!

It took me 35 minutes to get to work this morning. Don't know what caused the traffic to be so slow. Went to get a cup of coffee and couldn't even pick up the cup with my left hand; my elbow was hurting so bad. Kim looked at it and it was swollen, red and feverish. She said I needed to go to the doctor. I had an eye appointment at 9:15. Of course, they dialated my eyes, but my eyes are very healthy. She changed my prescription and ordered my contacts. (They never have the ones I need in the office.) After leaving there, I went straight to Seawind Medical Clinic. I used to go there exclusively, but changed to a doctor closer to work. Seawind is clear across town. I had to wait for three hours to see the doctor in an office full of sick people with the flu. I was able to sit away from the majority of the people who were so sick.

When I finally saw the doctor, she said I had tennis elbow. I laughed and told her I hadn't played tennis in almost 40 years. She gave me a funny look, looked at my chart and said "No way!" I said "What's wrong?" She said "I thought you were in your late 30's. I can't believe you're about to be 56. You have taken very good care of yourself." I laughed, said "Thank you, but I think you're the one who needs to see the eye doctor." It did make me feel pretty good though. (Now if I could get my body to look that good.) My blood pressure was up - 150/90. Gotta keep a watch on that, too. I think it was up because I was in pain - elbow and headache from having my pupils wide open for so long. The Dr. told me to get a band that goes on the forearm and gave me a prescription for the inflammation.

When I got in my car, I found three calls from Daddy. He needed me to buy groceries for him after work. I made it back to work at 2:30. Only got a couple of day's timesheets done, so I'm still behind. Will really be playing catch-up the rest of the week. Would normally have worked till 5:30 or 6:00 to catch up and not have to show so much time for sick leave, but I had to leave at 4:30 to buy Daddy's groceries. Because it was the first of the month, the store was packed. And Daddy had a long list, so it took till almost 6:00 to get the groceries. Took them to him and put them up, then took him to the AmVets.

I was so tired when I got home and I have a really bad headache. Tabitha and Trent came over with chicken and dumplings. God bless her. I was thinking about going to PoFolks and getting a bowl. For some reason, chicken soup or chicken and dumplings just make me feel better. Vance just wanted french fries for supper. He's got a doctor's appointment tomorrow to find out the results of the ultrasound he had done. I'm praying for a good report.

Grandma Rose called to chat. Mac is back home and doing great. Praise the Lord.

Okay, I'm really getting tired. I'm going to bed. Goodnight and God bless..........

No comments: