Thursday, March 06, 2008

Pretty Normal Day-Thank You Lord

Yesterday was anything but normal. I got sick around 10:00 - dizzy and vomiting - and had to be driven home. I don't know what I would do without Kim. I believe I just got something from my long wait at the doctor's office on Monday. It was not the old sickness coming back. Nope, God healed me of that a year ago and I'm not taking it back.

Today, I got up feeling really good. I'm glad I don't have to attend all the safety meetings anymore. I just went in and got straight to work on my timesheets. I was way behind on them because of my appointments and illness and the problems we've been having on the system. I reverted back to the old system because it is so much faster entering time. By 4:00 this afternoon, I was caught up. Then, I found that I have 18 people who will not Lock on Friday because some of their accounts are invalid. That's the problem we've been having. Account numbers that have been valid for years suddenly are invalid and nobody can figure out why. The system used to hightlight invalid accounts on the daily timesheet, but that's not happening anymore either. We have no way of knowing which accounts are bad, so how can we correct them? It's very frustrating. I hope they get it worked out before Friday.

I tried a new energy drink today that's made by Vemma. It's called Verve and it's really good. It's not like the usual energy drinks that are full of sugar and caffeine. It had neither (natural fructose, equivalent to 1 1/2 apples). It's full of vitamins and minerals and has all kinds of benefits for those who drink it. I drank one this afternoon when I was beginning to feel sluggish and it did give me energy. I found out from Tabitha that Beef O'Brady's is selling it in their restaurant. Wish I had gotten to them first. Boy, could I have made some money! Maybe I need to check around at the gyms that sell energy drinks.

Took Trent and Hope to church with me tonight. Tabitha needed to do homework and study. Had to wait for Hope to help Mrs. Julie clean all the toys. She does a great job. She's very thorough - no hit and miss with her. Nope, she cleans every single spot of whatever toy she's cleaning. Pastor Sammy is out sick with the flu, so say a prayer for him. My husband is also coming down with flu-like symptoms.

Yesterday, in the mail, we got a notice that our house insurance would not be renewed in June because the company is pulling out of Florida. We have to get other insurance. I called today and we have to have a 4-point inspection of the house. The person they told me to call is an old friend from my former church. He called me back and just happened to be in our neighborhood and rode by the house and said our roof looked perfect, but we needed to get an electrician to change out our 150 amp fuse service to a 150 amp breaker service. He told me the electrician to call who also happens to be a friend. His mother used to babysit my sister and he comes in where I work and speaks to me every time he comes by. I was told we didn't have to have heat in the house, just an A/C that worked. That's good to know. We are going to get our heating unit replaced, but hadn't wanted to do it right away. That was great news. Vance will call him and make an appointment for the work to be done and get his garage hooked up at the same time - if it's not too expensive. I just thank the Lord for watching over us and leading us in the right direction. To think I know both the people who will be taking care of us. God is good - all the time!

Looking forward to going to visit Vance, Michelle and Fox this weekend. Got my camera battery charged up. Plan on taking a lot of pictures.

Guess I better get to bed. I need my beauty sleep. Goodnight and God bless..........

No comments: