Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun Weekend

Before the weekend started, I had to get through Friday's timesheets. What a chore that was! If anything could go wrong, it did go wrong. Bad account numbers that were good last pay period, had one employee with 144 hours for two weeks. We still don't know how that happened. I spent almost two hours on the phone with someone from Atlanta trying to get it all straightened out. She said she had been on the phone all day with other timekeepers. It seems everybody was having weird problems. I'm telling you - it's this new system. I worked until 6:45, praying as I left that they were all right and we wouldn't have repurcusions this week. They still have a lot of bugs to work out.

I was totally exhausted when I got home. Vance was feeling better and was even cooking when I got home. What a blessing that man is!

I got up early Saturday morning, but fell back asleep. I was still exhausted from the long week I had. Finally got on the road at 7:45 heading to Tallahassee to visit Vance, Michelle and Fox. It's been over 2 months since I'd seen Fox and I sure didn't want him to forget who his Nonna was. Vance was holding him when I walked in. We all hugged and Fox said "Daddy". I said "Yeah, your Daddy is holding you." He then looked at me and said "Hold me, Nonna." You just don't know what that did to my heart. I held him until he wanted to show me his toys and we played a little bit. Then, he climbed up on the couch beside me and hugged me (we've got proof - Michelle took a picture). Of course, when I saw the pictures she took, I told myself that I have got to lose this weight. I look huge! But, Fox doesn't care; he loves me anyway.

We went to a Crawfish Bawl at Coosh's restaurant. It was cold, so there wasn't a huge crowd, but we had fun watching Fox dance to the cajun band Zydeco. They were good. We ate pork poboys and then went to a Health Food store to get some stuff for Fox. I found some Vanilla Creme Stevia to put in my coffee. Can't wait to try it tomorrow. We went back to the house and I tried to put Fox to sleep. Usually, he takes some milk, then he's ready to lay down. He refused the milk, asked for his pacifer and said "bed". I asked him twice if he wanted to go to bed and he said "Un huh." So, I put him in his bed. He turned over like he was going to sleep and I walked out. Michelle and I went to the Dollar Tree and Target to get a few things. She called Vance and Fox still was not asleep. I had to leave when I got back to their house, so I did get to see Fox again and have him say "Hold me, Nonna." Everytime he said it during the day, it just made my heart leap. It blessed me so much. I hated to leave, but I needed to get on the road before dark. Husband, Vance, did not want me driving in the dark. He's gotten so protective of me lately. It did start getting dark on me when I got on Hwy 231, but it wasn't too bad.

I was glad I came home when I got to church this morning and found out Steve and Karen were both out sick. As a matter of fact, over half of our team was out sick. Pastor Sammy even thanked the few of us who came for a good worship service. God's anointing was certainly there. Mrs. Sandi preached and as always, she was great. It was good to see that Pastor Sammy was well again. He had been sick with the flu. Most of the afternoon was spent sleeping on the couch, watching the race,washing clothes and printing out pictures of Fox. He's so cute!!!

It's time for me to get to bed. Goodnight and God bless............

1 comment:

michellenotdawn said...

Well we sure enjoyed having you!
The pictures are wonderful, although your camera just screams that I need to clean the mirror behind the loveseat!
Thanks again for coming. It was fun to hang out and run around!