March is almost gone and it seems like yesterday that it was March 1st. Time is slipping away really fast these days. I guess the old saying about "the older you get, the faster time flies" has a bit of truth to it.
I had a very busy weekend. Friday, Daddy called and asked me to go by the store and get a few things for him. Then, I came home for a few minutes, cleaned out my car and met Kim over at Debb's apartment. I needed to turn on the A/C so it wouldn't be hot when Debb got home. Kim and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things that Eva said Debb would need. Then we went to the airport to pick up Debb. She had been gone for a month and had been sick the entire time. She was in bad shape when we picked her up. We took her home. Kim stayed with her while I went to the store to pick up some things she needed. We had already gone before we went to the airport, but there were other things that she needed that we had not known to pick up. We waited until she took a shower and got ready for bed. We wanted to make sure she didn't fall in the shower, cause she was very unsteady on her feet. She needed her rest cause she hadn't slept very well while she was gone. It was after 10:00 when we left. We went and got something to eat cause neither one of us had eaten since lunch.
Saturday morning around 7:00, Kim called to tell me she had a contractor coming to her house and she wouldn't be able to meet me at HealthPlex to sign up. We are going to start going to the gym. Our company will give us money back at the end of three months if we go at least 8 times per month. After she called, I set the alarm for another 2 hours and went back to sleep. Got a shower and called Debb to tell her I was going to stop by Healthplex before I took her to the grocery store. I stopped by and talked to Debbie and picked up the paperwork we need to fill out, plus a schedule of classes. Of course, we can use the weights and all the other equipment, but we want to take aerobics classes. Debbie told us to make an appointment for Tuesday, the 1st, and start fresh at the beginning of the new month. Picked up Debb and took her to the grocery store. It took a little time to get the things she needed because she is still weak and had to hold onto the buggy. She was wore out when we finished. I took her home and sat with her awhile, then headed home. I had not eaten all day, so I went and got something to eat. It was around 2:00. Vance called as I was driving to Kim's to tell me he was still at the golf course and could I pick up some more supplies for the ceiling job. Kim or the girls didn't come to the door, so I figured they were all taking a nap. I went to Lowe's and got the stuff for Vance and went home. I took a nap for a couple of hours. I was so tired. Debb called several times to thank us for helping her. She doesn't have any family here. She said she finally realized while she was visiting family that her real family was her Christian family. I'm lucky I have most of my family here, or not far away. It's really a blessing. Vance grilled us a steak. It wasn't T-bone, but it was a steak. I had a baked potato with mine.
Today, I went by and picked up Trent and Hope for church. Tabitha was sick, but she wanted them to not miss out on the second Easter egg hunt. It seems 500 plastic eggs (filled with candy and toys) had not been hidden last Sunday. So, the kids had a 2nd chance to get eggs. We had a good service. Pastor Sammy preached on Favor of God. He dedicated Jarrett and Crystal's baby, Abigail. She looks like a porcelain doll. She's tiny and so beautiful. I took the kids by Burger King before I took them home. I went to Taco Bell and got something to eat, came home, ate it and took a nap. My arm was hurting, so I propped up on the couch with a pillow under my arm and slept most of the afternoon. I guess it might have gotten better if I had taken the medicine prescribed, but there are just too many deadly side effects. I would rather hurt, thank you very much, than have my kidneys and liver shut down or have a heart attack or stroke.
Debb called. She's doing a little better today, except food doesn't taste good to her so she's not eating. I hope that changes soon. She lost over 30 lbs. while she was gone. She doesn't need to keep losing weight because of lack of appetite. She's got to eat something.
Vance cooked another steak. I just couldn't eat it. Even he said it had no flavor. It was a sirloin, but it had no flavor at all. I gave mine to the dogs and ate a bowl of cereal. It's bad when you'd rather have cereal over steak.
Well, I think I will try to get to bed early tonight. I need my beauty sleep. :)
Goodnight and God bless.............
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment