Saturday, March 15, 2008

This Week is Gone

This week started off slow, but it sure sped up. I can't believe it's Friday night already. It's been a busy week, but I managed to get a lot done at work. Had my evaluation - first one with my new boss. He didn't have a clue what my job consisted of, so he came down to my office so I could show him. I had told him I did timesheets, but by the time he left, he said "You do a whole lot more than timesheets." It's funny how you get so used to what you're doing that you don't even stop to think what you really do. I guess I do a lot more than I thought I did. Now, they have to ask you what your short-term and long-term career plans are. He asked and I told him "to do the best possible job that I can until I retire". They want you to take classes to improve your chances of getting another job in the company. I asked him "Why would I want another job? I love my job! I don't have any desire to move to another job." Really, management doesn't want to hear that, but I'm sorry. I do love my job and I hope to be able to do it until I retire - someday. I don't have any plans for retirement. I told him I wanted to work at GPC longer than any other person has. I'm about to hit my 38th anniversary and I think the longest anybody has worked there is 47 or 48 years, so looks like I'll be there at least 10 more years. That's okay. That will mean that I will be 66. I think I'll be able to draw all my social security at that time.

Mama had given Kim the puppy that she got a couple of weeks ago. Reba chewed into the tube from Mama's oxygen tank - that's what puppies do. I tried to tell Mama that she would chew, but Mama didn't believe me until she did that. Mama gave her to Kim. Kim kept her about a week and decided she couldn't handle two dogs and two cats. Reba was getting very nervous around the other animals and the three kids. So, Kim called Daddy yesterday and took Reba over to him at lunch. I called him on my way home and he and Reba were doing just fine. He really loves her already. He was so excited to get her. Today, I took his medicine to him and played with Reba. He's already training her to do what he tells her to do. She listens to him and does it. I hate that Mama couldn't keep her, but I'm glad Daddy will be able to take care of her. This will be good for him.

Walter, a man from work, told me about some web sites where you can sell your photographs. I'm going to check into them and maybe put some of my photos out there and see if I can sell any of them. I've just got to go through hundreds of thousands of photos to find some that I think are good enough. Wish I had somebody else to look through them for me and pick out some.

We got our house rewired yesterday. Our house insurance will not be renewed in June, so we have to get coverage from another company. In order to do that, we have to have a four-point inspection. We already have a new roof and our A/C works and I think our plumbing will pass, but we still had glass fuses instead of breakers - not acceptable. Anyway, the electricians changed it out yesterday, so I just need to call the inspector to come check out the rest. Then, we will see what kind of insurance we can get.

My elbow has really been hurting today. I forgot to wear the brace. I didn't realize just how much it has helped. I took some Motrin a little while ago and I think the pain is easing off enough so that I can go to bed and get some sleep. I think I will do just that. Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: