Tabitha graduated from GCCC today. We are so proud of her. She's overcome a lot of obstacles to get to this point. What was so sweet was what she said to Chad after we all walked out of the Civic Center. She turned to him and said "thank you so much for all you've done to get me to this point - taking care of the kids, the house, putting up with my grouchy self..... I couldn't have done it without you." Chad said "So, does that mean no more grouchy self?" She laughed and said "I can't promise you that." It was so sweet.
We went to church this morning and Tabitha's mom, Tammy, came. Pastor and Mrs. Sandi called Tabitha up on the platform and told her how proud they were of her and Pastor spoke words of encouragement over her and a Word from the Lord that she would go even further and see many souls drawn into the kingdom because of her teaching. Then Tabitha took the mike and said "My dad has six children and I'm the only one that he never thought would amount to anything. I made a lot of bad choices in my life, but I can say today that I am the only one of the six that has graduated from college." We gave her a standing ovation. To think a dad would say that to his child.
Yesterday, I bombed the house for fleas. If you have dogs that go in and out, you probably have fleas this time of the year. You have to set off the bombs and leave for two hours, then come back and open all the windows and let it air out for an hour. I did all that. When I came back after the two hours to open the windows, I started stumbling and losing my balance. I couldn't smell anything, but it was affecting me. I hurried and left. Had to pick up Trent so he could spend the night with us so Chad could take Tabitha out for graduation. When I got him back to the house, I laid down on the couch and didn't wake up until 9:00. Vance had fed him and taken care of him. I made him take a shower and then we went to Wal-Mart to get Mother's Day gifts. Of course, I had to buy a toy for him and Hope. We got home a little before 11:00 and went to bed. I slept hard all night.
Had a hard time getting going this morning and I'm not used to having to fix breakfast for anybody. I don't eat breakfast. We were a little late for church, but not too late. We had a great service. Rushed home and had to get to the Civic Center for Tabitha's graduation. After that, we came home and I went to Mama's and Vance went to his mother's. Then, I had to go to Chad's to take Trent's bookbag back to him. Stayed and talked with Tammy and Tiffany and everybody for about an hour. I finally got back to the house around 7:30. Vance was cooking us hamburgers. I had not had anything to eat all day, so I was so thankful for a hamburger.
Talked to Michelle, Vance and Fox. Poor Fox has been sick all week, but he was able to tell me "Happy Mother's Day" and "I Love You". Really touched my heart.
It's been a good day and now I'm exhausted and I'm going to bed. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. May God bless you and keep you...........

No comments:
Post a Comment