Friday, May 23, 2008

Please Pray for Steven Curtis Chapman's family

Last night Maria Sue Chapman, adopted and youngest daughter of Mary Beth & Steven Curtis Chapman, was killed in a tragic accident in the family driveway. She was LifeFlighted to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital but for only reasons God can explain she went home to Him... not back to Franklin as we all so desperately wanted.

We are all humbled by the incredible outpouring of love and support at this difficult time. I have watched you, the Chapman friends, overwhelm website servers and jam phone lines with your gracious words and heartfelt prayers. The Chapman family is so grateful. Obviously, we cherish your prayers for all in the Chapman family, and we welcome you passing this along to others to pray and encouraging them to sign up for Steven's e-mail list to receive continuing updates.

* Mail to PO Box 150156 Nashville, TN 37215.

* In lieu of flowers, the Chapmans request any gifts be directed to Shaohannah's Hope.

In closing, as many of you know, the song "Cinderella" was written by Steven to help him (and us all) grab a hold of the special moments with those we love we might otherwise rush by. It was inspired by a bath time that Steven tried to "hurry," Maria and her sister Stevey Joy were not exactly cooperating. : ) Let us all be reminded again today what Steven compels us to with the lyric of this special song.

Maria, we already miss you so much, and we only take comfort in The Hope that assures us we'll see you again soon.

On behalf of the Chapman team and family, Jim Houser (Manager)

This has been on my mind all day. What a tragedy for this family. Brenda sent me the above letter from Jim Houser. I wish the video had pasted, cause it was really cute. Check out Steven's websites and maybe you can find it. It was of him and Maria washing dishes and he sang a song that was so precious.

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBBIE!!!

God is blessing me with photo opportunities. It started with the family pictures of Vance and Chad's families, then Penny and I went to Cape San Blas this weekend and I got to take a few pictures there. Angie called and wants me to take family pictures of their family this Saturday at the beach. Next Saturday, I'll be doing a wedding. I know. I know. I said I wasn't going to do anymore weddings. But, this one is only because God wants me to do it. A friend called and said her daughter was getting married. She is a good Christian girl who fell in love and got pregnant. They decided to get married immediately. The mother is devastated. When she was talking to me, I felt God telling me that I needed to be there as a supporter and I need to pray over the couple. I've never done anything like that before, but I feel they need blessings prayed over their marriage. So, I'm going to obey the Lord and photograph this wedding. Pray for me that the pictures will be really special, clear and sharp. Something they can always be proud of. Pray that the Lord will show me the perfect shots to take.

Well, it's almost 11:00 and I haven't eaten any supper. I'm not very hungry, but I need to eat something so I can take my medicine.

Be blessed................




This message was i

No comments: