Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Crazy Afternoon

Went through Burger King this morning to get orange juice and coffee. I meant to ask for decaf, but forgot. So, I only drank about 1/4 of the coffee. But, you know what? I did not get sleepy at all today. I knew the reason I was getting so sleepy was because I gave up caffeine. So, does that mean I'm going to be sleepy the rest of my life? How long does it take to wake up without caffeine in my body? This is so weird.

I finally got the additional nine employees that I'm going to be doing time on. That makes over 60 employees that I take care of now. Guess you can call that job security.

Right before lunch, Fran called and asked me to come to her office. Mama was there and she had gotten her hair all cut off. My mother has only had short hair once in her life and that was when I was a little girl. I remember her crying for two weeks and she wouldn't eat. It literally made her sick when she cut her hair. Fran and I both loved it. It took 20 years off her age. It will be so easy to take care of.

Kim and I were supposed to go to lunch with Sylvia, but she couldn't come again today. So, I treated Kim to one of those Subway subs - one foot for five dollars. We split it. That's a pretty cheap lunch.

After lunch, Daddy's doctor's office called to see if we could come earlier today. they had several cancellations, so they wanted him to come at 2:45 instead of 4:00. I called him and he said he would start getting ready. I picked him up and we went to see his lung doctor. He's still doing pretty good. Won't have to go back for three months. I told Daddy about Mama getting her hair cut off and he told me about the time she did it before. He said her hair was long enough to sit on and he just loved running his fingers through her hair. He came home from work one day and it was all cut off and she had the hair in front of her on the table holding it and crying like a baby. He said she cried for a week and he left and went to a motel for four days. He couldn't stand it anymore and couldn't get her to stop crying. He said he called her and told her he was coming home and if she was still crying when he got there, he was packing his things and leaving her. When he got home, she wasn't crying anymore. I've never heard of anybody else that a haircut affects like that.

As I was filling up my car with gas, Tabitha called with a dilemma. Trent just told them that he had a recital tonight. She has her last final tomorrow and had not studied, so she needed to stay home. Chad doesn't like going to places where there are a lot of people (so much like his dad), so I said I would call Karen and tell her that I couldn't make Praise and Worship practice and I'd take him and Hope. Trent is learning to play the guitar and he looked good on stage - like he knew what he was doing. It was a good concert. He didn't have to do a solo, but several people said he did a great job. His music teacher, Sandi Rosengrin, told me he was doing good. I hope he pursues music. We were there two hours. Afterwards, they had all kinds of snacks, so the kids had to fill up a plate and eat. I made them take home most of it and stopped by Burger King and got them all (Chad and Tabitha, too) something to eat.

Penny called as I was on my way to pick up Trent and Hope and said that Mama had called her crying, saying she hated her hair. She wants to buy a wig now. A wig will be so hot and she doesn't go anywhere to need a wig. Besides, her hair looks great short. She will drive all of us crazy until she gets herself a wig. She's getting that rebate and thinks she has to buy a wig with it. Not me, we're getting a refrigerator.

Guess I better get to bed. God bless each and every one of you..........

No comments: