Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blessings from above.

I went to bed early last night, but woke up this morning and felt like everything I did was in slow motion. I felt so tired. Made it to the safety meeting. Had to get a cup of coffee before it started or I'm sure I would have fallen asleep. Getting a lot of sleep just doesn't do me any good. I function much better on fewer hours.

One of the guys at work had to go to the doctor today to get the results of a prostate biopsy. The doctor had told him he was 96% sure he had prostate cancer. Of course, Jimmy was scared it would be confirmed today. I talked to him yesterday and told him not to believe the report of doctors; believe the report of the Lord that says he is healed. I told him we were praying for him and asked if I could add his name to our prayer list. He said he would appreciate it, so I did. He came in this morning right before the doctor's appointment and I told him I was still believing that the doctor was wrong and the biopsy would show no cancer. Right before I left for lunch, got an email from Mrs. Sandi stating that the doctor was wrong; there is NO CANCER! I just screamed "Praise the Lord!" and started crying. Randy asked what was wrong and I told him nothing was wrong; that Jimmy didn't have cancer. Then he said "Praise the Lord!" I immediately got on the radio and called Jimmy. When he answered, I said "Jimmy, I just want you to know that I'm rejoicing with you and praising God for that good report." I could tell he was smiling from ear to ear and so relieved. He thanked me for the prayers and said he and his wife were going to get something to eat. God is so good!

At lunch, I went to the court house and had a Quick Claim Deed recorded for Mama. She insisted on putting her house in her name, my name, Penny's and Chip's just in case something happened to her so it wouldn't go into probate and the State wouldn't get it. The lady who helped me was the wife of one of the employees I do time for. She was very helpful and didn't charge me for the certification stamp. That saved me about $8.00.
God is good! That was another blessing.

We got the reservations for our flight to and from Atlanta next week. You will not believe the difference in price from flying out of Pensacola and flying out of Panama City. Bambi's cost is $398.00 round trip from Pensacola. My cost is $1098.00. I was shocked. We are staying in the Marriott Marques and it is swanky. I don't believe the Beau Rivage in Biloxi was that fancy. I'm looking forward to the trip.

After work, I had to stop by Best Buy and get some ink for my printer. I've been printing a lot of photos lately. I had several discount coupons that I was able to use. By buying two or more inks, I got 50 sheets of 4X6 photo paper free (savings of $9.99). I figured I could only use one of the coupons, but I was wrong. I could use as many as I wanted. I ended up getting $50 worth of merchandise for $5.88. There's another blessing. Ain't God good?

Went to church. Had a good service. Pastor Sammy preached on "Voices. The voice of God, the voice of the devil and your own fleshly voice. Who do you listen to?"It was a very good sermon. This is one that I'm going to type up my notes on. Came home and Vance told me to call Penny. Tomorrow is Swayde's birthday and they are having a party at Chuck-e-Cheese tomorrow night. I told her I'd be there.

Vance still hasn't found his glasses. That's just not like him to lose things.I ate supper, then finished printing out the pictures I took Saturday of Chad's family in their pirate costumes. I'm making them an album. I think I took over 100 pictures. That's what professionals do, then just choose one or two out of the 100 to publish.

But, now it's after midnight, so I guess I better go to bed. Maybe I won't be so tired tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Good night and God bless.........Hope He blesses you like He's blessed me today. Pat

No comments: