It feels like Monday all over again. I got to work and found out my computer still had not finished upgrading. I started it before I left work yesterday because it said it would take up to four hours. For some reason, my computer got hung up and just quit. So, I had to call the help desk and get them to take over my computer and jumpstart it. It didn't finish the upgrade until 9:30. That was two hours of wasted time because the crews were calling to get me to input their completed orders. I had to call them back when I was able to log on. Then, I managed to put in the wrong order and had to call Pensacola to get them to reload it onto my computer. (Nothing seems to be going right for me today.)
I called Daddy at lunch and he needed groceries and wanted lunch from Church's Chicken. I could not believe how many people were at the grocery store. You'd think it was Thanksgiving or something! Just as I finished paying for his groceries, he called to ask me to get one more thing. I carried the groceries out to my car and went back inside to get that one more thing and had to stand in line again to check out. Went to Church's and could not believe how much it cost to get 2 - 2-piece chicken dinners with 2 sides, a biscuit and tea. It was $15.75. I could have bought a whole bucket of chicken at KFC for less than that! I'll never go to Church's again. That's some expensive chicken! I got everything to Daddy and headed back to work. I was only a half hour late - that's another half-hour of vacation.
When I got back to work, somebody had locked the door to the warehouse where it wouldn't open with just our badge. Had to have the key. Well, my hands were full with my lunch and my key was in the office not in my purse, so I walked down to the Assembly Room and ate my lunch. That meant another 30 minutes (after I finished lunch) for somebody to come back and open the door. More wasted time that I could have been doing timesheet adjustments.
All in all, it was a day full of things going wrong. But, I was still in a good mood. I know that was God, cause I should have been falling apart. It's that peace that passes all understanding. It's an awesome feeling.
We had church tonight so that people could cook tomorrow night if they wanted to. Had a pretty good crowd. I walked in the church singing. When so much goes wrong, it helps to sing praises unto God. He'll help you when nobody else will. I really missed Tabitha and the kids tonight. Tabitha had to work. Kim and her family have gone to visit her mom for the holidays. I missed them, too. Felt like my whole family was missing.
Came home and Vance ate and went to bed. He always waits for me to get home before he goes to bed. He's so sweet.
Shadow is outside barking at something and I cannot get her to come inside. It's probably a possuum. She will bark at it until she runs it off or kills it. I hope she doesn't kill whatever it is she's barking at. I guess I will be forced to go out in the cold to drag her inside. I sure can't sleep with her barking all night. There is nothing I hate worse than a barking dog at night. I always worry that they will irritate the neighbors. Of course, the neighbors don't care that their dogs bark all night and keep us up.
Don't have time to scan pictures tonight. I've got to get to bed. I never heard if we're having a safety meeting or not in the morning, but I do have to take pictures of the two managers around 7:30. I get called on to take pictures if the photographer from Pensacola can't come over. I don't mind and they know I always have my camera with me. I don't go anywhere without it.
I'm taking pictures of Penny and her family Friday and I've got some cool ideas. I have three fur jackets and three black jackets. I'm going to get them to do some pictures in the jackets. If Andy is there, he can take pictures of me with them. I've got to color my hair tomorrow night. My gray is showing! I think I will go brown this time so I will match Penny and Tiffaney.
I'm tired and I'm being to ramble. Got to go to bed. But first, I've got to get that dog in the house. She's getting louder.
Good night and God bless.........................
I pulled a quick one on Shadow. I called and she still wouldn't come in. It's cold out there and I didn't want to go out. I just yelled "You better get in here. I'm going to give Vinnie your snack." She came running. Gets her almost every time. ;)
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment