Saturday, November 11, 2006

Happy Veterans Day!

I took off from work today to be with Vance, since I have been in Atlanta since Tuesday. Had to go there for work. It was a nice trip and I believe we got some issues settled with our new timekeeping system E-STARS. Stayed in the Marriott Marquis which was just three blocks from Georgia Power Company. Bambi and I walked there in the morning and got rides back to the hotel in the afternoon.

It was good being off today. I slept in until around 8:30 or 9:00. I just don't ever do that, but I needed the sleep. I didn't sleep well in the hotel even though the bed was awesome. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I think I was just missing my honey. He wasn't sleeping too well himself.

The dogs really missed me. They were so excited to see me when I got home. Had to kiss me several times before they would let me feed them. Don't you just love how animals love you unconditionally?

Daddy has been sick since last Friday. I think he's got the flu. I'm concerned about it turning into pneumonia. I took him some groceries today and tried to get him to let me take him to the doctor. He wouldn't go, but he promised me he would call an ambulance if he got to feeling worse. He did let me pray for him.

Talked to Mama. She's doing fine. Went shopping at K-Mart for the first time in a very long time. Tried on four pairs of jeans and none of them fit right. I guess they think if you are a size 18 that your legs are huge. Mine are not and none of the jeans even touched my legs. They were huge. Guess I'm just going to have to lose this weight to be able to get clothes to fit. Found some awesome shoes. Very comfortable, so I bought three pair. It was buy one, get the 2nd half price. They were supposed to have four colors - black, brown, navy and red, but they didn't have red. I would have bought the red, too. When I find shoes that look good and are comfortable for a reasonable price, I buy all colors.

I've posted some pictures of Chad's family dressed as pirates at http://picasaweb.google.com/rutherford.patricia Check them out, then check out Vance's pictures of Fox at http://picasaweb.google.com/vance.rutherford Hope you enjoy!!

Got to get some supper - Vance's chili - and get in bed.

Good night and God bless....................

1 comment:

michellenotdawn said...

Those are some great looking pirates!