Sunday, May 06, 2007

Happy Birthday Kim!!!



St. Marks Lighthouse
Today is Kim's birthday and I got up early to get ready for our road trip to St. Marks lighthouse. I didn't get to bed last night until around midnight and I got up this morning (Saturday) at 3:45. Not much sleep, but I never do sleep when going on a trip. Left the house at about 5:45. Kim was outside waiting on me. We transferred my cameras into her car and headed out. We decided to take the coastal highway through St. Joe, Apalachicola, Carybelle, East Point, etc. It was a long drive, but very scenic. We stopped at a boiled peanut stand and got peanuts for breakfast and asked the old gentlemen if he knew where the lighthouse was. He directed us to continue on the way we were going, past two blinking caution lights and turn right. We drove and drove and never saw the first caution light, so we stopped at a gas station and asked directions (neither one of us thought to bring the map we had printed out). The man told Kim that the peanut man was correct except we would pass the 2nd caution light, going over the St. Marks River and we'd see the sign on the right. It was about 11 more miles. He was exactly right. Found it with no problem.


We got there a little after 9:00 and I started taking pictures. I was real pleased with the way they turned out. The sky was a beautiful blue. I did not touch up a single photo. We walked along the beach and were attacked by black flies and yellow flies. Ow! They hurt when they bite. I guess we were there a little over an hour, then we headed back to Apalachicola to eat lunch. Ate at the Apalachicola Grill. It was very good. We had fried shrimp and fish and french fries. It was more than either one of us could eat. Had we known how much food they would give us, we would have split a plate. We stopped along side the road and bought some plants. I bought a white rose bush. It smells so good. I sure hope I can grow it. I may just buy a large pot and make it into a container rose bush instead of planting it in my sandy yard.


It was a very fun day. I hope Kim enjoyed her birthday. I came home and took a nap, then started working with the photos. Made two calendars - one with vertical photos and one with horizontal photos. I'll let Kim choose which one she wants and I'll keep the other one.


It's about four minutes till midnight, so I think I better go to bed. I'm really tired and sleepy.


Good night and God bless................

No comments: