Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Not a Good Day

The day started off pretty good. I'm feeling soooooo much better. Still a little weak, but feeling pretty good. Went to work and had a pretty busy morning.

Kim and I went to Golden Corral for lunch. She's trying to get some strength back in me. I lost four pounds over the weekend. I think that's a good thing since I need to lose weight, but not if it costs me my strength. So, we ate and I did real good. But, I ate more on that one plate than I had eaten for the last four days all total. No wonder I lost weight! We had to run errands for work at Office Max, so while I was there, I got some ink and photo paper. That will save me a trip.

Daddy called to make sure I was taking him to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. I didn't ask, but I don't think he went and got his bloodwork done. I totally forgot about it this morning. I was too busy trying to get my work done now that I've got extra to do. I don't want to get behind.

Talked to Mama. She was feeling a little better. She had eaten more last night and this morning, so she gained a pound back. I made plans to stop by and see her when I got off work.

At 3:55, Vance called. He had just been in an accident. Thank God, he wasn't hurt! But, his new truck is. I called and left a message on my boss' answering machine and took off to check on him. He was fine and the girl he hit was fine, too. He just didn't see her and pulled out and hit her. It was at an intersection that is undergoing construction right now and it's awful. She even said she couldn't see him either. It tore up the front of his truck. To me, it looks worse than the accident I had in his other truck. We'll just have to wait and see how the insurance adjustor handles it. I pray for favor and that we won't be out any money.

The Highway Patrolman was very nice. He walked up and handed Vance the paperwork, looked at me and said "How old is your dad?" and looked at Vance. I said "He's not my dad! He's only three years older than me!" He looked at Vance and said "Did you hear what I asked her?" Vance said that he did and the guy just laughed. He was trying to cut up with Vance and make him feel better. It did get a smile from Vance. As he left, he said "Have a better rest of the day."

Vance and I went to Mama's to see if we could borrow her car. She's not driving right now, so it needs to be driven anyway. I'll drive it and Vance will drive my car since it already has a sticker on it so he can get on base. Mama gave me some plants and we came home. Vance is real upset - not about his truck, but because he just didn't see the girl. We're both thankful that nobody got hurt. He checked to make sure Mama's car had oil and water. I cleaned out my car so he can drive it.

I can tell Vance is upset. He said he didn't want anything to eat, but then when I got ready to order chicken and dumplings from PoFolks, he said he'd take a cheeseburger. He ended up eating most of it. I had eaten chicken and dumplings Sunday night and I felt better Monday, so I decided to try them again. Maybe it's the chicken stock that makes you feel better. They say chicken soup helps when you're sick.

I'm getting tired now, so I better go to bed. I'm trying real hard to get more sleep now that I've been sick. They say your body heals while it sleeps, so I'm going to get as much sleep as I can so I'll get 100% better.

Goodnight and God bless.........................

1 comment:

sharon b said...

Jeezes..you guys aren't having much luck this year... God Bless that no one was really hurt..I'll pray for you two too.. Rest and get well...