Monday, May 07, 2007

Happy Sunday!

It was so hot getting ready for church this morning. Vance still had not turned on the A/C. I know how cold he gets, so I felt like I should hold out as long as I could. He has had to deal with my hot flashes for the past three or four years. Praise God, those are over with!!! The least I could do was let him enjoy the heat for awhile. I put the fan outside the bathroom door so I could have some air while getting dressed. I still was miserable. It was my intention to talk to him as soon as I got home. All I wanted to do this morning was get in a nice cold air conditioned car.

We had a great Praise and Worship service. They just keep getting better and better. A lot of people had come up to the front of the church to worship and this young lady was sitting all alone. I had never seen her before. She broke down and started crying. One of members of our Praise Team walked off the platform and went to her. She ended up giving her life to the Lord. Now, that's what it's all about. I'm so glad I'm in a church where you can actually see God at work in the people during the services. I've been to so many churches where Praise and Worship is just for show. Nobody ever gets ministered to. There's such a performance attitude that an unsaved person would never approach the altar for prayer. That is such a shame.

Tabitha had Hope in the church during Praise & Worship. I could tell she wasn't feeling very well, cause she was so quiet. When I went to sit by her, she wanted in my lap and said she was tired. She layed her head on my shoulder for a few minutes, then started talking. She kept getting louder and louder. I took her out of the sanctuary to see if I could get her to go in the nursery. Nope, she wasn't having any part of it. So, I sat with her in the lobby during the whole service. After church was over, I took her back to Tabitha. Trent was out at the beach with Tabitha's sister. I missed the little fella.

I've got to tell you what Hope said to me. I washed my hair this morning, but didn't have the time to dry and straighten it. While we were sitting in the lobby, she kept brushing my hair away from my face. She held my face in her little hands and said, "Nonna, you need to brush your hair. It's a mess. I have a brush you can use." Out of the mouth of babes. I said "You don't like my hair curly, do you?" She said, "No, it's a mess." I couldn't help but to laugh and say "You know what, Baby, I don't like it either." She said exactly what I feel - that it's a mess when I let it go curly.

Kim didn't come to church. Loren said she was sick and so was Lyric. I called her on my way home. She was having a fit with her allergies. I'm sure that rose bush probably had something to do with her problem. If I'd known it was going to affect her that way, I never would have bought it. I'm so sorry for adding to her problems.

I got a salad from Sonic, came home and ate and layed down on the couch for a short nap. Vance had the A/C on when I got home. God bless him! He could see how miserable I was this morning. He finished the floor in the bedroom. Now, I've got to get busy and get it painted. It will be the end of the month before I have any time to devote to it. Next weekend, we'll be in Tallahassee and the following Saturday is the Ladies Tea. I'll be busy all day with that. Maybe the following week, I can get started moving everything out and tearing down the wallpaper. The next Saturday, I've promised to help Debb move. Yep, my room will just have to wait a little while.

It's really time for me to get to bed. I've been up late the past three or four nights and I only got a short nap today, so I'm really tired. Plus, I haven't taken my Vemma in about four days. I can really see a difference when I don't take it. I tend to get tired a lot easier.

Hope you all have a blessed week.
Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments: