Saturday, May 05, 2007

Is It Friday Already?


St. Marks Lighthouse
This week has flown by. I guess because I had so much to do and so many places to go. It's timesheet day, so you know I've been super busy.


At lunch, I went and got the carton of flooring that Vance asked me to pick up. After picking it up, I went to Plum Delightful, an antique store on Jenks Avenue. They've got some great stuff, but the things I really liked were a little too expensive for me. And Vance (and Michelle and Tabitha and Kim, should I go on?) are trying to get me to pair down the stuff I already have. I don't need to go buying anything else. I saw some beautiful bookcases with glass doors. Would love to have one of those. But, I walked away with nothing in my hands. That's a good thing.


Ran by Tally-Ho Drive-IN and got a turkey club sandwich and fries. Haven't had one of those in ages. Tried to buy another t-shirt (they advertise t-shirts for $10.95) but they didn't have any. The owner only brings them in when someone orders them. That's a poor way of doing business. There are a lot of tourists who come through town that would buy one if they had them in stock. It took me over two months to get mine. I wanted to buy one for Vance. I didn't even bother to place an order. When I want something like that, I want to take it home with me, not have to wait a couple of months for them to finally get around to calling me. I love my shirt and I'd love to get one for my whole family cause Tally-Ho is a classic. There aren't many old drive-ins around anymore.


After I got back to work, my right shoulder started tightening up on me. I went down to Kim's office and asked to borrow her hammer. I started hitting myself trying to break up the tension. I use a rubber mallet at home, but she didn't have one. She made me sit down and she massaged my back. She couldn't believe how bad it was. She kept telling me I should go to a doctor, chiropractor or masseause. It's not normal to have a knot that big. I get them about every 2-3 years and usually go see a chiropractor for three months and let them work it out. Mac came in and said he had one of those electrode machines at home that I could borrow. He was so sweet; he went home and got it for me and told me to use it over the weekend and see if that helped.


After I got home, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some snacks and water for our trip tomorrow to St. Marks. Kim and I are really looking forward to this road trip. We both need to get away and relax. My cameras are ready to go.


I probably won't sleep at all tonight. I never do when I'm going someplace. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I just get so excited about the things I'm going to see. I've always been this way.


Well, guess I better go put everything in one spot so I won't have to scrounge around in the morning looking for stuff. Will share pictures on my next entry.


Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments: