Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's Been Awhile

Yes, it's been awhile since my last post. We had a great time in Tallahassee over Mother's Day weekend. Michelle's parents came up, so Michelle had a special 1st Mother's Day with both sets of grandparents visiting. Fox was a doll, of course.

When I got there on Saturday, we went out to eat at a Cuban restaurant and had Cuban sandwiches. Really good. Vance and Mike took Fox home to take a nap and we girls - Michelle, Pam and I - went and had a pedicure. It was so nice. Then we did a little shopping.

Vance arrived while we were gone. He had been playing golf and drove over later. The guys had hamburgers cooking when our son, Vance, had to leave to go to Thomasville. He and Maggie, his 55 Chevy, were driving a bride to the lodge. What a night that was! They made Vance sit outside with Maggie running while they went in and took more pictures, then they went the long way down little pig trails to the lodge where the wedding was going to take place. Right before they got to the lodge, Maggie ran hot and died. The bride and father had to walk the last few yards. They were good sports about it. Vance called his dad and Michelle's dad to come see if they could find out what was wrong with Maggie, but by the time they got there, she was running again. He came home and waited for the bride's sister to call for him to go back and drive them away from the lodge. All went well and they were pleased with his service.

The next morning, we went to church for Fox's dedication (along with about a dozen other children). It was very nice - not as personal as dedications in our church, but nice. We went back to the house and had a very good meal before we all headed home. It was so much fun. We really enjoy spending time with Pam and Mike.

On the way home, the smoke was really bad along I-10 and I started coughing. The cough continued and I started running a high fever on Tuesday. I went home at noon and missed work on Wednesday, too. I was feeling awful. Still running fever on Thursday and the cough was much worse, but I had to get back to work. Timesheet week and I had just taken over the timesheets for the beach office since Phillip is out for an indefinite time period. He just had surgery. So, I had to go back to work. I managed to work Thursday and Friday.

Friday night, I went over to Kim's with Tabitha, her mom, Tammy and Carrianne and we proceeded to dip strawberries in chocolate/white chocolate. Penny called and told me that Mama had been taken to the hospital by ambulance and I took off to Bay Medical. Penny and I drove up at the same time and was there when the ambulance drove up. They took Mama in and Chip and Angie came to the ER to wait with us. Mama had called my house and left a message and Vance had heard it and called her back and rushed over to her house. He and Chip and Angie were there when the ambulance got there. At the hospital, they said her vitals were fine, but the CT showed a nodule in her left lung. They admitted her to the hospital. While we were in the waiting room, Penny, Chip and Angie tried to talk me into checking myself in because they could see that I was sick. No way was I going to check in! Penny, Chip, Angie and I went to Chili's to get something to eat before they decided to admit Mama. Penny and I left a little after midnight.

Saturday was the Ladies' Tea. I wasn't going to miss that even though I still didn't feel good. I wasn't running fever, so I figured I was okay to go. It was awesome! Patsy Dixon ministered and she was great. She's from Quincy. We had a good time. I left there around 4:00 and headed to the hospital. I was in a bit of distress from all the walking to get to Mama's room. She tried to get me to go to the ER, but I'm stubborn. Penny came and we stayed a couple more hours. By the time we left, they had locked the door we came in, so we had to walk even further to get to our cars. Penny ended up driving me to my car. I was really having trouble breathing.

Sunday morning, I went to church. I was feeling better and not coughing as much. Was able to sing with the Praise Team and we ended up having an hour and a half song service. The anointing was so strong and people were getting saved and healed at the altar during our singing. Pastor just kept telling us to keep singing. He only preached about 15 minutes. Mama called as I was heading home and told me she would whip me if I came up to the hospital. She wanted me to rest, so I went home and took a short nap. At 9:00 pm, I met Kim and Kyle at the Upper Room to pray for two hours. We were involved in the Global Day of Prayer. Actually, I think it's a week of prayer. We had an awesome time of prayer. I felt pretty good when I went to bed.

Monday morning before 8:30, Mama was calling to make sure I called the doctor and went in to see them. I got an appointment for 11:45. I was feeling rough - coughing every other breath and wheezing. She checked me out and said I had pneumonia. Gave me two shots and a breathing treatment and said I couldn't go back to work until Thursday. So, I went home and hit the couch. Started running fever again.

Spent Tuesday and Wednesday on the couch sleeping off and on. Not my idea of a fun time, but I've got to get better. Hope is sick, too. Tabitha brought them by to see me on Thursday and Hope was so concerned about me. Her little lip was quivering when she asked me if I was sick. I told her I was but I was getting better. I said, "You don't feel very good either, do you?" She said, "No, but I'm getting better." She is so precious.

Thursday, I went back to work. Still coughing, but feeling better. Tabitha took Hope to the doctor. She had to have a breathing treatment, x-rays and bloodwork. They were thinking she might have pneumonia, too.

Today was a little better, but I must have been running fever again because I was cold all day long. And I know it wasn't cold today. Hope's tests came back normal, so she doesn't have pneumonia, praise the Lord! Daddy called to see if I could buy him some groceries after work. Went to Wal-Mart at lunch to get him another coffee maker. His was leaking. After work, I bought his groceries. Vance called. He is sick and went home early. He was hungry and wanted Captain D's, so I left Daddy's and went and got him some food. He ate and went to bed early. He's got fever and his throat is sore and his sinuses are bothering him.

I'll be glad when all this sickness is over with! We have had enough! I'm looking forward to this long Memorial Day weekend. I plan on getting some rest.

God bless all the veterans and those who are serving our country right now. I thank you for your service.

Good night and God bless................................

No comments: