It sure was nice being able to get ready for work and not sweat. Thank you, Vance, for turning on the A/C.
Today was pretty busy at work. Carried some of the pictures of the lighthouse for Kim to see. I had made us each a calendar and a CD of all the pictures. She told me I was sitting on a gold mine and we should find some way to sell these pictures. I told her she would have to be my business manager, because I always end up giving everything away. Hey, I'd go into business with her. She's pretty smart about things like that.
I realized when I got to work that I didn't have my ID badge. Since I changed purses Saturday, I had not changed everything over and I'd left my badge at home. Daddy called and asked me if I could go buy him some groceries. I told him I'd have to do it after work, since I left my badge at home and had to go home and get it. He said that was fine. So, at lunch I headed home to retrieve it. Swung back by Taco Bell to get a taco salad. Mama called while I was waiting at the drive-thru and asked if I could go by the doctor's office and pick up a prescription for her and carry it to the pharmacy. I told her I had to get groceries for Daddy and the doctor's office was right on the way to the grocery store, so I'd be glad to pick it up for her.
I talked to Michelle a couple of times today. She called to see if I wanted some books that Vance had that belonged to us. I love it when my phone rings, cause I have the audio of Fox's laughing video as my ringtone. It makes me and everybody around me smile. Can't wait to hear him laugh in person this weekend.
When the guys came in around 2:30, they called Kim and me into their breakroom and presented us with cash as a gift since they missed Secretary's Day. That was so sweet of them. And I'm not a secretary or admin, but they think of me anyway. God bless them all! It was truly a blessing to us.
I was really tired when I got off work, but my day wasn't over yet. I went to the doctor's office and picked up the prescription, then to Winn-Dixie to buy groceries. Dropped off the groceries at Daddy's and picked up his check to deposit. He hasn't been feeling well since the doctor put him on antibiotics. He said he was sick the whole weekend. The antibiotics always make him feel worse. I have to take him to another doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and then for tests on Thursday. After I left Daddy, I went to Winn-Dixie to drop off the prescription for Mama. They told me to wait to see if it would go through, so I sat and waited for about 30 minutes. Then they handed me the prescription, so that meant a trip to Mama's to deliver it. I visited with her for about 45 minutes. Chip and Angie had gone over yesterday and cleaned her house and mowed her lawn. It looks really good.
As I was leaving Mama's at around 7:00, Vance called to tell me he was going to the store and wouldn't be home when I got there. I called and talked to Angie on my way home. I told her how good the house looked. I'm glad they did that for Mama. It really made her feel good. And there's no way I could do it. I don't have time to clean my own house. I have to do it in spurts. I'm just wore out by the time I get home and the weekend is the only time I get to do something for myself. I think I'm going to get a manicure and pedicure with the money the guys gave me. Just finding the time to do it without using vacation time will be the trick. Maybe I can do it Friday night.?
I just crashed on the couch when I got home for a few minutes, then swept the floor. That was all I could manage. I was just too tired to do anything else. Vance got us one of those microwave casseroles for supper. I ate while watching my favorite TV show - CSI Miami. I love those CSI programs. Now, it's time for me to climb into bed and get some much needed sleep.
OOPS! I just realized I was supposed to call the Praise and Worship team and remind them of a mandatory meeting tomorrow night. It totally slipped my mind. I hope I can remember to do it tomorrow. Maybe I should send myself an email. I'll do that as soon as I finish up here. Which means, I better finish up fast before I forget. Kim seems to think the chronic fatigue has come back on me since I'm always tired and I am forgetting things a lot lately. That was the way it was when I had it really bad several years ago. I think I better remember to take my Vemma and maybe even double up on it for a few days until this passes. What is funny though - I'm sleepy during the day, but can't sleep at night. I'm like a baby that's gotten it's sleeping habits all messed up.
Time to send myself that email. Good night and God Bless................
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment