Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Had a Wonderful Weekend

I left Friday morning (in Vance's truck) around 7:00 on my way to Tallahassee. Had a good drive. Stopped at McDonald's in Blountstown and got a sugar-free vanilla iced coffee. I was not even thinking about it having absolutely no sugar in it. Got back in the truck and headed off down the road. Took the first sip - YUCK!!! I thought "OK, I can drink this. I'll learn how to drink coffee without sugar. I'm thirsty. I can do this." Wrong! It was awful! When I got to Greensboro and pulled into a store looking for a box of Splenda or Sweet-n-Low. They didn't have any. So, I found a cold Frappacinno and poured it into my no sugar coffee. That worked. I was able to drink it then.

Got to Tallahassee and got to see Fox. He is getting so big and is so smart. He's talking up a storm. Will repeat anything you say and is speaking in full sentences. He had to show off for me. He is just so cute! Naturally, I had to take pictures. I loaded them onto Photoshow, but it wouldn't save due to some type of server problem. It takes all night to upload and I had put music and 4th of July fireworks to them, but couldn't get it to save. Can't use Picasa anymore - I've already filled it up. Guess I will have to delete some of my albums, so I'll free up some space. Not tonight though. I'm too tired.

Michelle picked lettuce and cherry tomatoes out of her garden and we had BLT's for lunch. Really good. She has some huge tomatoes growing on the same plant as the cherry tomatoes. Really weird. We went to a church - can't remember the name - to watch the fireworks. We got there around 6:30 and the fireworks didn't start until 9:30. Saw Danielle and Mark and their son, Aiden. Christopher, Sandra, their kids and Sandra's dad were there. Saw other people who go to their church. Fox had a great time playing in the dirt, eating snowcones and other snacks. We had explained to him that the fireworks were very loud. When they started, he said "WOW" several times, then fell asleep. He woke up in time to see the finale.

I slept good on their couch. Michelle was going to borrow a mattress for me to sleep on. I told her that I would rather sleep on the couch. I sleep on our couch half the night, so I slept really good. It's comfortable. Slept late the next morning, too.

Played with Fox. When he took a nap, Michelle and I went to Wal-Mart. I bought us all July 4th t-shirts and one for Vance even though he wasn't there. We took Vance and Fox and dropped them off at a birthday party. Michelle and I went and did a secret shop at two bagel places. We had to sit down and eat a bagel, so we shared one at each place. I drank blueberry coffee. That was an experience. I drank it hot, but they also have it cold. It was pretty good. I bet the cold version was really good, too. Went by Steinmark and bought me a cooler, cause Vance was giving me some Healthy Choice meals that he didn't want. He's tired of eating them. Like I'm tired of eating salads everyday.

Called Vance and he said he had a terrible golf game. He said he slept fine last night. I found out when I got home that he hadn't slept at all the whole time I was gone. He did take a nap on Saturday afternoon so he could watch the race. He told me he lied about sleeping good. He said he never sleeps when I'm gone. Isn't that sweet? He misses me.

We went to Sonny's for supper. Fox is such a good eater. Got pictures of him eating corn on the cob. He loves it. Had another good night's sleep. Sorry, Vance. I sleep fine when I'm away from home, because I don't have the dogs waking me up to go out in the middle of the night. He found out, cause Vinnie woke him up around 4:00. He said he had just gotten to sleep, and Vinnie woke him up.

Went to church with Vance and Michelle. Vance did a great job on the Bob Dylan song. Their preacher was out of town, so somebody else preached. He did pretty good talking about Independence and Dependence as it pertains to the scripture.

We went back to their house, packed up my stuff and I followed them to Bagel Bagel for lunch. It was storming. I almost couldn't see their taillights;it was raining so hard. Had a good tuna melt. I left for home right after we ate. Got into rain several times. Had a Highway Patrolman follow me from Blountstown to Hwy 231. I expected him to go around me, cause I was going a lot slower than the speed limit. It was just raining too hard to drive 60 mph. But, he never did pass me until we turned on 231.
Got home and it hadn't rained at all. But, it started about an hour after I got home. Yes, Vance did miss me. And so did the dogs. They were all over me when I walked in the door. When I got home, I found out that our house insurance had been cancelled again.

Had planned on going to Bible Study, but Vance wanted me to fix supper. I think he wanted to spend a little time with me.

Went to work this morning in time for the safety meeting, but got to the gate and it was locked. My card wouldn't open it, so I drove around to the other gate. Parked in my space and had to open our office door, cause both the guys are on vacation. Robert didn't have a key, so he was waiting on me. I didn't make it to the safety meeting. But, I did walk down to get the timesheets and a cup of coffee. A new employee came in looking for Ronnie. I talked to him until the meeting was over. He is a contract engineer and seemed very nice. He and his family moved this weekend from Ft. Lauderdale. He's a product of down-sizing at FP&L.

Kim took off to work on her house. I had so many timesheets to do. Also, had to call the insurance company to see why they wouldn't insure us. Because we have a huge oak tree hanging over our house and cars in the backyard. Vance is rebuilding a 1967 Plymouth Belevedere, but they consider that junk and won't insure us. Cheryl called and tried to get them to extend till the first of August, but they said they were cancelling on the 24th. Even if we clean up, they won't insure us. She said she will probably have to go with Citizens which will be more expensive. Vance was off today, so I called him and he said he'd start cleaning up.

Daddy called and needed groceries. Plus, he needed me to call in three prescriptions. Mama called and needed me to find some papers for her. I told her to call me after 7:00 tonight because I have too much on my mind to remember what she wants and I planned on working late to try to catch up on my work.

I worked through lunch. Took 15 minutes to eat one of those Healthy Choice meals from Vance. I decided that I needed to borrow money from my retirement to have that tree cut down. At 2:00, my timekeeping program crashed. I called IT and they already had other calls. They said they would call me back when it came back up. So, I called Merrill-Lynch and got a loan during the time it was down. I also started filing. 10 minutes before 4:00, it came back up. I worked till 6:00.

As I was on the way to the grocery store, I remembered that I hadn't called in Daddy's prescriptions. I feel bad about that, but I just can't remember everything. I went to Winn-Dixie and it took me 45 minutes to find about a dozen items. I hate these new stores. It makes me that much more anxious when I'm running around trying to find things. And they have everything so mixed up, nothing is in a logical place. It's just another way to get people to buy more by having to go up and down every aisle and seeing things you might want.

Got to Daddy's house and put up his groceries. Sat down just a couple of minutes to visit with him. Kim called. She asked if I knew anybody who had crutches. One of her granddaughters sprained her ankle and needed crutches. I said I had some. The girls wanted me to send them to Goodwill when we were cleaning up, but I knew somebody would need them sooner or later. She told me to call her when I got home and she'd come get them.

Came home and Vance had managed to get the parts car pulled over by the gate. He's going to call somebody to come pull it off. He'll put the one he's working on in his garage. That just leaves the motorhome and shingles to get moved out. Guess we need to call Chip to come help with the motorhome - it belongs to him. We've had it for years. They never could find a motor for it. Then, we will have a nice backyard again. Maybe we can plant container gardens and grow our own vegetables like Vance and Michelle.

Okay, I'm winding down. I'm tired and need to go to bed. Goodnight and God bless......

No comments: