Monday, July 21, 2008

Tiring Weekend

Yesterday, I actually did physical labor! I don't usually get out in the yard and work. Mosquitoes usually love to chew on me, I get sunburned within 15 minutes and it's hot out there! But, we've got to get our yard in order before an insurance company will insure us. Our big oak tree was cut down and the tree people were next door trimming their trees. One of them hung over our house, so that was good that they got it cut. I went out back where I tree was and shoveled up six bags of sawdust. Didn't even put a dent in it. I stopped and went to Home Depot and bought a new rake and a couple of plants - lantana and hibiscus. Came back home and ate and gave up on the sawdust. Decided to rake the yard instead. That oak tree dropped a lot of leaves that were hiding under the cars that Vance pulled out of the yard. He came home from playing golf and made me stop. I was hot and exhausted, but I wanted to help. I didn't want him to have to do everything by himself. He ate some lunch and then got out in the yard and loaded up all the leaves I raked up.

I went and picked up Trent and Hope for church this morning. Tabitha was still feeling bad. We had a good service. Did some of the new songs that our Praise Team wrote. Had trouble with the sound system at the beginning, but it straightened up. The music went great. Pastor Sammy preached a great sermon, starting with Throw Up Your Hands and Praise the Lord. He's teaching on Praise; praise when things are right and praise even more when things go wrong. We had a lady come up afterwards for prayer. She got saved. That's one thing I like about our church. We always give a person a chance to get prayed for - for salvation, healing or whatever - at every service. We had a new couple come in and they told Mrs. Sandi that they had been looking for a church like our for the past five years.

I dropped the kids off after stopping at Burger King and Sonic to get us all something to eat. Tabitha was feeling a little better. Chad had been over helping Vance at the house. He loaded up the bags of sawdust and shoveled up a truckload (still didn't make much of a dent) to put around all his plants. He tried to pull the motorhome out, but it wouldn't move. Hopefully, it will be gone tomorrow. I go to meet with the insurance agent tomorrow morning. I pray that we can get insurance before the tropical storm turns into a hurricane and gets into the Gulf. No insurance company will insure when a storm is already in the Gulf. But, I believe God will take care of us. He's never failed us before.

I tried to take a nap, but the dogs woke me up after about 30 minutes. They wanted to eat - about 2 hours earlier than usual. Never did get back to sleep. Played with my new 6.0 version of Adobe. I loaded it last night. It pulled all the pictures from version 3.0, so that was good. But, why is it that new versions of programs are less user friendly? 6.0 is not user friendly at all. I could move around in the old program real easy, but this one is slow and not easy to maneuver in at all. But, the prints come out great. It was the old version that was messed up. I am so glad I can print now.

Went to Bible Study tonight. We had about 40 people between the kids and adults. The kids were learning the puppet ministry and the adults were in Bible study. We're studying on prayer. Pastors Sammy, Sandi and Jim all participated together. It's so nice to be able to interact with them.

Well, guess I better get to bed. I'm exhausted. Like I said, I'm not used to doing physical labor. Goodnight and God bless............

No comments: