Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Monday

Almost forgot about the safety meeting this morning, but I made it on time. Left Vance at home to watch the tree get cut down. He said they showed up about 15 minutes after I left and went to work. He called me around 10:00 to let me know he had his cell phone in his pocket if I needed to call. I asked about the tree and he told me they had cut down a lot of it. I asked about my golden rain tree in the front yard and he said they dug it and my two gardenias up. I decided to go home at lunch and check it out and take pictures. I couldn't believe how much they had gotten done. My whole front yard was full of limbs. Good thing they dug up my stuff. They had a big crane sitting in our driveway with the arm going over the house attached to the trunk of the tree. They had already cut off all the branches and were working on the trunk when I got there. I started walking toward the backyard and three guys stopped me, then yelled at the guy cutting the tree (later found out he was the boss) to stop so I could go in the backyard. They made me stand in front of the garage and I took pictures. I got to see part of the trunk get hoisted over the house. Impressive work these guys do. Wish I had stayed home to watch.

Daddy called this afternoon to let me know he got his $300 check from the IRS and wanted me to come pick it up and bring him $100 when I got off work. When he first sent off the paperwork to get the check, he said he was going to give it all to me to pay me back for all the money I've given him. Then, last week, he got a letter saying the check was in the mail and he was so excited about what he was going to do with it. Yeah, go to the VFW and AmVets to drink and play pool. I took his checkbook away from him because he was overdrawn every month and I was having to pick up the overdrafts. At least I'm able to keep him from doing that anymore. I got money from the credit union and carried it to him and then carried him to the AmVets. He has to be there to see if his name is called for the $3000 pot.

Got home and the tree was gone, the stump was ground up and my trees were replanted. Took pictures. One of the guys who was working on the crew wants the motorhome. Vance told him he had to get it before next Monday and he said he would. That is great! Thank You, Lord, for answered prayers. I would love to do some landscaping in the yard. Just wish I knew what type of plants to try and grow. Now, that we have a lot more sunshine. It was amazing how sunny our backyard was when I got home. I didn't realize just how much shade that tree put out.

Got an email from Sharon. Sandra and Christopher had their baby on Vance's birthday. That's exciting.

Got to get to bed. Goodnight and God bless...........

No comments: