Wednesday, July 02, 2008

July is here!!!



July - yep, summer is definitely here. We've had the summer afternoon thunderstorms, the very high humidity (takes your breath away, it's so bad), the lightning, temperatures in the 90's. Yep, it's summer in Florida. But, I like living in Florida. That's where God decided I should be born and I guess that's where I will stay until He moves me. And I know Vance ain't moving! I can't even get him to go anywhere, so I'll be here until I go home to be with the Lord.

Had a busy day at work. Boy, I think every one of the linemen and servicemen worked over the weekend. I usually don't have but a few timesheets from the weekend. It seems like regular days that I was entering, except they were so confusing. Some of the guys worked over 16 hours without 8 hours of sleep, so they get paid time and a half for any of their hours that they work that would normally have been straight time. Confusing, isn't it? I've typed more emails to supervisors today than in weeks. Just to find out what the guys really meant to put on their timesheets. But, that's what my job is all about. Makes things interesting sometimes.

I called Sam's to see if my pictures were ready yet. The lady said they had been ready the afternoon I dropped them off. I didn't realize she did the posters on site. I thought she sent them off. I could have gotten them last week. So, at lunch, I went and picked them up. I had two 11x14's made of the picture of the stained glass window from Springfield Methodist that I took years ago. (Had to climb a very high ladder to take that picture.)They turned out great. I'm going to frame them and give one to Pastor Sammy and one to Mrs. Lena Melvin. The other two were of an old barn. Had one print in color and one in black and white. I believe I like the black and white one better. I had those two put on poster board so I won't have to frame them. Gave her another negative (different view of same barn) and had two more made. I had to see how they would enlarge before I had them all done.

After work, I had to take money to Mama. Aunt Margurete was sick today. I pray that she is better even as I type these words. She does so much for so many other people. God has a special crown waiting for her in heaven. I love and appreciate her so much.

When I left Mama's, I went back to Sam's and picked up the pictures. They were good, too. Dropped off another view. Asked her if she could make pictures from a CD and she said she could. I'm going to make a CD of the St. Marks Lighthouse and have some of those blown up. Hopefully, I can go at lunch on Thursday and put these barn pictures in the gallery. Pray that I will be able to set a price and sell some. I've got a lot of pictures to go through and pick out ones that I want to try to sell. Pray that I find the negatives of some of my older ones. I've got a picture of a dog peeking under a fence that should sell. I've just got to find the negative. Don't remember what I did with it. I know it's in an envelope somewhere.

Vance went to Home Depot to buy the lights and stuff he needs to put in his garage. I guess he'll start working on that this weekend. Then the electrician will come back and run service to it.

He got home just as I was about to leave to go to church for practice. We practiced two new songs that Karen has written. One with the help of everybody. Had prayer afterwards. We have so many people wanting to come to church, but they don't have vehicles. Several from the Rescue Mission. We are praying for vans or buses. We've got people running everywhere picking up the ones who don't have a way. But we need vans or buses. Please help us pray that God will make a way where there seems to be no way.

Okay, I need to make that CD, so I'll go for now. Have a blessed day!
Goodnight and God bless..........

No comments: