Friday, July 11, 2008

Safety Dinner

Yeah! Kim is back today. Her house is done and her kids were here. What a blessing she got out of something the devil tried to take away from her. Her son and his wife and kids came and helped her repair the damage and stayed with her. She had a houseful, but I know she was blessed to have them all. And Rufus can cook, so she had some great meals. He actually went to chef school. I believe one day that Rufus and Carrianne will own their own restaurant. Brandi and Kim will also work there. There is so much talent in that family in the culinary sense. They are all wonderful cooks.

We had a special lunch today to celebrate three years without a recordable accident. The food was really good. Several of us were called up before everybody and honored for going so long without an accident. I held the record - 38 years. Sunday is my 38th anniversary with Gulf Power. They took our picture. When I get a copy of it, I'll share it with you.

Trent called me this afternoon and asked if he could spend the night with us Friday night. I told him "of course". I'll pick him up after I get off work.

Chris, my neighbor and co-worker, found somebody who wants the shingles. I am so thankful that Vance and Chad don't have to move them. They will be going to The Covenant House, a place of refuge for men coming out of prison. They will come pick them up tomorrow morning.

When I got home, the tree removal people were there. They had already cut down several of the limbs. The guy climbed the tree and told Vance he was going to have to rent a crane because the tree was not safe. It had been struck by lightning and was in bad shape. He's only going to charge us for one hour of crane rental ($250.00), but he says it will probably take 3-4 hours to take it down safely. He's not going to charge us anymore than that because he can sell the wood and make the rest of the money back. I thought that was very reasonable. Vance and I both know how much it costs to rent a crane, because we've dealt with the crane people through our jobs. So, he put the limbs through the chipper and cleaned all that up before he left. He will be back on Monday with the crane.

Now, we've just got to get rid of the motorhome and get insurance. I know we will be able to get a good insurance and not have anymore trouble. God is faithful.

I'm really tired, so I'm cutting this short and going to bed. Love you all. Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: