Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hump Day

It's late and I'm tired, so this will be short. Had a great day at work today. Kim was out again - still trying to get her house repairs done. eSTARS managed to stay up and running all day, so I got caught up. Shouldn't have to work overtime anymore this week. Still finding a lot of things wrong with the program. Hope to get all the bugs worked out soon.

At lunch, I went to Michael's and bought a presentation/portfolio case to carry my photographs in when I take them to the gallery. Want to look professional, don't ya know. They were having a great sale on frames and matted pictures. Of course, I didn't care much for the pictures, but you can't buy a 16x20 mat for $3.00. I bought 2 white and 2 black. Bought two 16x20 black frames and two 11x14 black frames. Came back to work and framed the two stained glass pictures - one with a white mat and the other with a black one. Asked several people which one they liked best and it was the black one hands down.

Came home and Vance had been home all afternoon trying to get the backyard cleaned up. The tree removal person came and gave us an estimate of $900 to take down the huge oak tree in the backyard - the one hanging over the house that the insurance company said had to be removed. We had gotten a bid from Mark, who used to work with me, for $2000. I think we will go with this other guy. He is the man who Mark used to work for before he started his own business. He will come tomorrow and get started and have it finished by Friday afternoon, grind the stump and remove all debris. The Lord is good. I'm glad now that I listened to Vance and didn't let Mark take it down. That would have been a waste of money. Called Chip and he said we could get rid of the old motorhome. It doesn't run and we can't find a motor for it. He doesn't have any need for it. Chris might be interested in it. I'll ask him tomorrow at work. I called him and let him know the estimate we got. He's interested in having a tree taken down in his front yard. It keeps dropping big limbs and he's afraid it will hit his house.

Wrapped up the black matted picture of the stained glass and carried it to church and let it by Pastor Sammy's office door. Didn't put my name on it, but he immediately knew who it came from. He came to the platform while we were practicing and thanked me for it and said he had already hung it up in the office. Had a good service. Afterwards, he thanked me again and told me that he was at Springfield Methodist when they bought the stained glass window. The children raised all the money to buy it. It cost $700. It would probably cost over $7000 today. I thought that was pretty cool; that the kids of the church were the ones who purchased it. I've always loved the picture of Jesus holding out His hands. It reminds me of the verse "Come unto Me all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest....." I'm going to give the other one to Mrs. Lena.

Came home and Vance was asleep in his chair. He was so tired from all the work he did this afternoon. Chad is going to come help him Sunday morning move the shingles from behind the motorhome. I wish Chad could find some friends to help. Those shingles are so heavy. I helped Vance unload them and stack them up.

Okay, I'm getting really tired, so I'm going to bed. Goodnight and God bless........

No comments: