Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another Wet Wednesday

We finally got a little more rain. Praise God for the rain. We sure do need it.

Had our usual safety meeting. Why is it that I go in at least 15 minutes early on Wednesday, but never remember to take off 15 minutes early in the afternoon? I just never do remember. Next Wednesday, I'll be at our office on the beach taking forklift training all day.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. I called and left a message on her voice mail wishing her a Happy Birthday. It was also the 9th anniversary of my brother's death to cancer. That's something that I have tried so hard to forget. I don't want to do anything to ruin the day for Penny cause it's hard enough for her. Of course, Mama called her crying. I have not forgotten my brother, Earl. There is not a single day that goes by that I don't think of him, but I try very hard not to remember the actual day that he died. Does that sound stupid? I want the day to be special for Penny. Yes, I know he died on her birthday, but I don't dwell on that fact. I think more about the things we did when he was alive. I don't go to the cemetery to visit his grave. He's not there anyway. He's in heaven with My precious Lord and Savior. Would he want to give that up and come back? I don't think so. Do I miss him? Every day. But, I know I will see him again one day and oh, what joy that will be!!

Vance went to get some more flooring so he can start on the bedroom. Guess what? It has been discontinued. I think we have enough to finish the kitchen, but we won't have the same flooring in the dining room. We'll have to put a seam between the two. I don't know if we should go darker, so stay with a color that is close to the one we already have down. Or, maybe we should go with tile in the dining room. I just don't know what to do!

Today, Vance took off work and found something similar; not the same, but similar. He started moving things to one side of the bedroom and he'll start tearing up the carpet tomorrow. He's off the rest of this week on vacation. (Wish I could take off with him, but I've already used up almost 2 1/2 weeks vacation running Mama and Daddy to the doctor.) I really wanted to paint that room before he did the floor, but I haven't had the time to work in there. I've been gone practically every Saturday since February. My house has taken a backseat. I hope I don't have to do anything this Saturday. I want to work on my bedroom. I've got some rearranging of furniture I want to do.

Hope called me before I left for church. She was talking away about taking Spanish and teaching people in the church how to speak Spanish. She's heard Tabitha talking about teaching and learning Spanish, so Hope wants to do the same thing as her Mama. She will tell you "I'm serious." It's so cute when she says she's serious about something. Really cute coming from a 2 1/2 year old. She's just precious.

Had a good service tonight. Pastor was preaching on the curse of unforgiveness. Yep, we have got to forgive those who hurt us. People don't like to hear that, but it's the truth. Unforgiveness can cause all kinds of physical ailments.

Guess I better get to bed. It's getting late.

Goodnight and God bless...............

No comments: