What a great day today. I got a good night's sleep and was ready to get to work this morning. Vance left to go play golf and I straightened up the living room before I ate breakfast. (Trying to eat something every morning. Actually have to since I'm on that medicine.) Kim came by to get the invitations I had printed out for her. She did a great job with the wording. I had enough envelopes to go along with the invitations. I keep all kinds of office supplies on hand. The card stock and envelopes were from when I was making note cards. Kim and I talked a little about that last night. With my photos and her way with words, I think we could go into business making greeting cards - Christian greeting cards.
After Kim left, I swept and mopped my floors. It's so much easier than dragging out that heavy vacuum cleaner. I'm so glad Vance put down the wood floors. Now, we've just got to finish the rest of the house.
I made potato salad while I worked. Not the smart thing to do. I had two pots going with potatoes boiling. One pot heats up faster than the other one and I let the water boil out of it. Had to throw those potatoes away and cook some more. Michelle called and said they were almost here. I called Penny and told her to come on over. Vance, Michelle and Fox got here a little before she did. Fox is such a doll! He is one happy baby. I love his smiles and laughs. He just lights up the room. Penny came and we tried to call Angie, but never got an answer. Called Tabitha and let her know we were going to lunch at PoFolks. She and the kids arrived right as we were being escorted to our tables. We had a great lunch. Vance and Michelle love PoFolks and they don't have one in Tallahassee. Just like they don't have a Captain D's in Tallahassee. That is so hard for me to believe. How can such a big town like that not have those two restaurants?
After we left PoFolks, Vance and Michelle said they had a few things to do, so Penny and I decided to go to Target out on the beach. She had never been there. I showed her the fastest, least amount of traffic, way to go. It's a Super Target and we found everything we needed except empty Easter baskets. We had a great time together. I told her we needed to do this more often - get together and just go do something. I could get Trent and Hope and we could take them and Swayde to the park to play. I got her to drop me back home. Vance was home, but Vance and Michelle weren't there. I called and they had gone to visit Scot and Jodi. Vance had gotten cold playing golf, so he went and took a long hot shower. He still couldn't warm up and he felt like he might be getting a fever.
Vance and Michelle came back and Fox was asleep, so Michelle told me to get in and we'd go for a ride. They wanted him to get a good nap. She and I rode up Hwy 77 into Southport and turned down the Deer Point Dam Road. We rode down Resota Beach Road, turned around and went to the new subdivision called Kirkland Manor. We had spotted this huge house under construction and we wanted to check it out. It is humongous! All the houses are big, but this one is giantitic. We rode past and it looks like it has a spiral staircase going up in a round turrent. I bet it is beautiful. We rode all through the subdivision, then headed home because it was getting close to time to be at Rose and Mac's to get together with the Rutherford family. While we were gone, Vance was cleaning up my computer and installing Norton Anti-virus on it. He got rid of a lot of stuff that I no longer needed.
Vance and Vance had the truck loaded up with the food and I grabbed all my camera stuff and we took off. Everybody showed up and we ate some really good food. We always have good food whenever we get together. I gave Natalie some of the pictures I had printed out of our little photo shoot at the beach. She loved them. I was so glad. I told her I would get the rest of them printed and send them to her. I still have a roll of 35mm to get developed. I hope I got some good ones with my Nikon 35mm camera. I always try to do digital and SLR whenever I do a photo shoot.
After Kim left, I swept and mopped my floors. It's so much easier than dragging out that heavy vacuum cleaner. I'm so glad Vance put down the wood floors. Now, we've just got to finish the rest of the house.
I made potato salad while I worked. Not the smart thing to do. I had two pots going with potatoes boiling. One pot heats up faster than the other one and I let the water boil out of it. Had to throw those potatoes away and cook some more. Michelle called and said they were almost here. I called Penny and told her to come on over. Vance, Michelle and Fox got here a little before she did. Fox is such a doll! He is one happy baby. I love his smiles and laughs. He just lights up the room. Penny came and we tried to call Angie, but never got an answer. Called Tabitha and let her know we were going to lunch at PoFolks. She and the kids arrived right as we were being escorted to our tables. We had a great lunch. Vance and Michelle love PoFolks and they don't have one in Tallahassee. Just like they don't have a Captain D's in Tallahassee. That is so hard for me to believe. How can such a big town like that not have those two restaurants?
After we left PoFolks, Vance and Michelle said they had a few things to do, so Penny and I decided to go to Target out on the beach. She had never been there. I showed her the fastest, least amount of traffic, way to go. It's a Super Target and we found everything we needed except empty Easter baskets. We had a great time together. I told her we needed to do this more often - get together and just go do something. I could get Trent and Hope and we could take them and Swayde to the park to play. I got her to drop me back home. Vance was home, but Vance and Michelle weren't there. I called and they had gone to visit Scot and Jodi. Vance had gotten cold playing golf, so he went and took a long hot shower. He still couldn't warm up and he felt like he might be getting a fever.
Vance and Michelle came back and Fox was asleep, so Michelle told me to get in and we'd go for a ride. They wanted him to get a good nap. She and I rode up Hwy 77 into Southport and turned down the Deer Point Dam Road. We rode down Resota Beach Road, turned around and went to the new subdivision called Kirkland Manor. We had spotted this huge house under construction and we wanted to check it out. It is humongous! All the houses are big, but this one is giantitic. We rode past and it looks like it has a spiral staircase going up in a round turrent. I bet it is beautiful. We rode all through the subdivision, then headed home because it was getting close to time to be at Rose and Mac's to get together with the Rutherford family. While we were gone, Vance was cleaning up my computer and installing Norton Anti-virus on it. He got rid of a lot of stuff that I no longer needed.
Vance and Vance had the truck loaded up with the food and I grabbed all my camera stuff and we took off. Everybody showed up and we ate some really good food. We always have good food whenever we get together. I gave Natalie some of the pictures I had printed out of our little photo shoot at the beach. She loved them. I was so glad. I told her I would get the rest of them printed and send them to her. I still have a roll of 35mm to get developed. I hope I got some good ones with my Nikon 35mm camera. I always try to do digital and SLR whenever I do a photo shoot.

After we ate, I sat up my tripod and we took some family pictures. Wish we had gone outside. I believe they would have been much better. It's hard to see in the house and not everybody was able to be seen in the shots. We didn't stay too much longer. Vance wasn't feeling good and Chad and Tabitha still had things to do to get ready for Easter. Vance and Michelle had to get on the road home.
Found out from Chad who owned the huge house we saw. He, Corey and Chip are doing the plumbing on it. He confirmed that it was a spiral staircase. I would love to go through that house whenever they finish it.
When we got home, I gave Vance some Vemma to take. About an hour later, his fever was gone. He was still a little achy, so he went to bed. But, he's always achy after playing golf.
Of course, I had to play with my computer and upload the pictures I had taken today. Just like I thought, the ones of the entire family were a little dark, but I man
aged to lighten them up a little. I still wish we had gone outside. Maybe next time.
When we got home, I gave Vance some Vemma to take. About an hour later, his fever was gone. He was still a little achy, so he went to bed. But, he's always achy after playing golf.
Of course, I had to play with my computer and upload the pictures I had taken today. Just like I thought, the ones of the entire family were a little dark, but I man
aged to lighten them up a little. I still wish we had gone outside. Maybe next time.Time for bed. Goodnight and God bless.........

No comments:
Post a Comment