Friday, April 06, 2007

This Week is Flying By


Where has this week gone!? I was really busy at work today since I took off most of yesterday to go to the beach with Robbie and Natalie. Natalie wanted her senior pictures taken at the beach, so I was happy to oblige. We went to the St. Andrews State Park since you can't even see the beach anymore down Front Beach Road - too many condos! It was the perfect day; the weather was absolutely beautiful. It was a little windy, but just the right temperature. We had fun and I think I got some good pictures. I hope she will be happy with them. I got a little sun, too. Doesn't take but a few minutes for me to burn and I didn't even think to take sunscreen.

Before I took off work to play with Robbie and Natalie, we had our safety meeting and were supposed to learn how to spot meth labs, but the police officer called to say he couldn't come. I think he was making a big drug bust, cause there was a story on the news and in the paper about a major drug bust.

After the safety meeting (that was thrown together in haste) I had a doctor's appointment. She went over some of my test results and said everything seemed to be okay. She thinks the horrible pain I was in was because of a cyst on my ovary bursting. I haven't had any pain since that day. My blood test showed that I'm hypoglycemic, so she put me on medication to keep me from becoming a diabetic. I've also got to start exercising and get this weight off. The major side effect to this medication is weight loss. Hope it works for me! I don't mind that kind of side effect. The down side is that the medication is administered my injection, twice a day. No problem; I can do this. Dropped the prescriptions off at the drug store and went to meet up with Robbie and Natalie. We met Brenda for lunch at PoFolks. I was real good - water and grilled whitefish, coleslaw and green beans.

Came home and started loading the pictures on my computer, then took a shower and headed to church. Had a great service. Just keeps getting better and better. God is performing miracle healings, people are getting good jobs and getting more pay. God is just doing wonderful things in our services.

After church, I played with Hope in the car. She likes to drive me places (pretend, okay, she's only two). She makes me get in the backseat while she drives me to school or to a party. She's so much fun.

When I got home, I couldn't wait to get back to my computer and start printing out some of Natalie's pictures. I showed Vance the medicine and needles and he got visibly upset. He told me I had to do everything the doctor told me to do to take care of myself to keep from getting diabetes. I told him he needed to speak for himself, cause he's got problems and he's not taking care of himself. I printed out a bunch of pictures before going to bed last night.

Got up this morning and gave myself the first shot. I couldn't even feel the needle; it's so small. I prayed over the medication that there would not be any adverse effects (other than weight loss). I was fine all day. Today, I was real busy. Tomorrow is timesheet day, so I'm trying to catch up. I'm also supposed to be doing Chipley's timesheets, cause Gene had a death in the family. I also had 26 ARMS orders to process.

Had to go by Daddy's at lunch and pick up a check (he finally got one of his missing social security checks). He said the Post Office was holding mail for him, so I drove to Parker to pick up his mail. Wouldn't you know it? The supervisor had left the building and nobody could find his mail. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow. But I'll call first. Deposited his check in the Credit Union.

We had a fun day at work today. Everybody seemed to be in such a good mood. Even my boss who is not usually that outgoing was cutting up with Kim and me over some pictures I took of him and Elmo. He said "I can't tell which one is the dummy, can you?" He loved the pictures and complimented me on my skill with a camera.

I talked to Michelle on my way home. She had called yesterday to tell me their plans for coming to visit Saturday. I can't wait. I miss them. I just wish they could stay with us, but Michelle is allergic to our two dogs. I certainly don't want her sick. Can't wait to get my hands on Fox.

Took my second shot and feel fine. Penny called and we talked for over an hour. I think she's going to be able to go to lunch with us Saturday. Swayde will be in Alabama with his daddy and grandmother for Easter. Don't know what we'll all be doing.

Worked on a couple more photos. Now, it's time for bed. I'm tired.

Good night and God Bless.............................

No comments: