I can't believe it's Sunday already. This weekend just flew by. Yes, I did manage to go to work on Friday. Felt pretty weak all morning, but got to feeling better the rest of the day. Tabitha called to see if I could watch the kids Saturday while she and Chad went to the beach. No problem. I haven't had the privilege in a couple of months - we've all just been so busy.
Saturday - Vance went to play golf as usual, but before he left, he set off bug bombs in the two bedrooms. I was still in the house. I don't think he was thinking that the stuff would travel right through the A/C ducts into the other rooms. I didn't have time to get a shower. Just threw on some clothes and a little makeup and headed to Chad's (after setting off the rest of the bombs).
Chad and Tabitha left to go to the beach and I folded some clothes, made Trent's bed, then we went to the Dollar General Store to get bandaids and some socks for Hope. As we were leaving the house, I spotted Belinda unloading her car. I pulled into her driveway and got out to talk to her. I haven't seen her in a couple of years and was so pleased to find out that Chad and Tabitha had moved in right down the street. Her son, Brandon, is Trent's best friend.
My car was looking terrible from all the pollen and stuff falling on it, so we took it to the car wash. Since the inside of the car had not been cleaned out, I just asked for an exterior cleaning. We stayed in the car as it went through the car wash. Hope wasn't too crazy about the things slapping the car. She said "I don't like this." After the car wash, we went to the Dollar Tree and I let them pick out six items each. Trent picked out mostly warrior action figures. Hope got sunglasses, a couple of the action figures and a stuffed butterfly. By this time, it was time to eat lunch. Trent wanted to go to Burger King, so that's where we went. Trent ate most of his food, but Hope just played with her burger. She ate her fries and drank most of her milkshake. Now, it's time to head for home. Trent wanted to play with his action figures on the back porch. I love their screened-in porch. There was a breeze, so it was comfortable out there. I got to looking around and spotted a vine growing along their fence, so I grabbed my camera and took some pictures. Don't know the name of the flowers, but I thought they were pretty. I need to check into getting a macro lens for my camera. I love to take pictures of flowers, but I don't have a lens that will get the really close ups. I'll add that to my wish list. I'm not in to expensive jewelry, but I sure do like the camera equipment.
Chad and Tabitha came home and said it was so windy at the beach they were only out there 20 minutes. They found other things to do besides lay on the beach. They had fun. That's what counts. And they were spending quality time together without interruptions.
I left their house and came home. Decided to work in my computer/angel room and set up my new printer. Got it set up and printed some pictures. It works real good. The pictures are good quality, so I think I will be pleased. Vance got me to go to the store for steaks. I really had my heart set on T-bones, but Winn-Dixie didn't have any. It was hard to find sirloins, but I managed to find one big enough to split between us. He grilled it and I cooked a baked potato to go with mine. Yum! It was really good. I don't order steaks when I go out, because Vance does such a good job cooking them.
Sunday - Church was awesome again. We had so many people today. The anointing on the Praise & Worship was so strong I was hitting high notes that I never thought I could sing. And it sounded like a choir of angels singing and there's only seven of us. We have definitely gone to a higher level in our worship. Pastor Sammy preached on the Passover and we had communion. It was just so special today.
I didn't take my usual nap today. I started cleaning in the kitchen, going through drawers and throwing stuff out. Robbie (Vance's sister) called. She and Natalie are here. They came over to see us. They both look so good. I don't think Robbie has ever lost her high school figure. Just like Vance, only I think he's smaller than he was in high school. I told him he could be the poster child for anorexia. We will probably see them tomorrow night over pizza. Robbie wants me to take Natalie's senior pictures one day this week. I'll take off work and we'll go to the beach and try to find some azalea's in bloom. It will be fun.
Kim called to let me know that she's back from her vacation in Tennessee. I'm so glad she's back. It's been pretty lonely at work.
Well, I'm pretty tired, so I guess I'll go to bed now.
Good night and God bless.......................
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment