Friday, April 20, 2007

What a Day!



It was a very busy day today. Beautiful weather. Wish I could have been out in it. Vance is off the rest of the week working on the floor in the front bedroom. Couldn't find the same pattern, but got something pretty close and it looks good. The man in incredible. That room was full of stuff (mostly from other rooms) and he just moved it all to one side of the room while he worked, then started moving it back once he finished with that side. No complaints. Most men would have just thrown out all the stuff and face the consequences later. Not Vance. He knows that I'm a packrat and he just puts up with my junk. God has a very special crown in heaven for him.




Kim and I went to lunch and looked at some houses. She is hoping to find one to buy. The first one really has potential and I loved the big yard. I used to walk by this house on my way to elementary school every day for five years. I would love to see the inside. Maybe she can get the realtor to get a key and show it to us. It's kind of a sad situation. It's a foreclosure and the owner died. The people who were renting the house were renting to own and had been living there six years. When the owner died, there was no paperwork or receipts showing they had paid for six years, so they had to move out. I pray that they were able to find a good house to move to; that the Lord blesses them with something better than what they could even imagine.




My office was full of people today, coming and going. It was like Grand Central Station. I was supposed to take my Dad to the doctor at 3:30. Well, guess what? I forgot. And for some reason, my cell phone did not ring all day. I must have somehow turned the ringer off. It was 4:00 when I realized and I looked at my phone and saw that I had missed 11 calls. Most of them from my Dad. I jumped in my car trying to call him. His line was busy, so I called the Dr. to see if we could still come. They said we could, so I called Daddy again. He answered. He was in a cab heading to the VFW. (Why couldn't he have gone to the Doctor in that cab?) Kind of ticked me off. (Sorry Michelle, I know you don't like that phrase.) But, if he could go to the VFW, he could just as easily have gone to the doctor's office. But, no, he has to have me with him. I'm seriously thinking about having a long talk with him. Yes, if he's sick, I don't mind at all taking him to the doctor. But, if it's just routine visits, I think he could call a cab. Am I being mean, inconsiderate, a bad daughter? I feel guilty feeling this way, but I'm beginning to feel put-out. I've got so much going on that I can't even remember his appointment. I feel like I'm on overload.




One of the calls was from Vance. He was needing to ask me a question - he had lost something. I had no idea where it was (the block you used to pound the flooring in place) so I said I would run by Home Depot and get another one. Well, you can't just buy the little block. You have to buy the whole kit. I found a generic one for $16.97. That's a lot, but we had to have that one little piece. While, I was there, I picked up paint samples, so it wasn't a total loss of time.




Another call was from Mama. She had gone to the doctor for bloodwork this morning and just wanted me to know that she did keep her appointment. I've been getting onto her about not getting some of her tests done. At least, she let my Aunt Margurete take her this morning. I'll have to take her back when she sees the doctor. The clinic is on a very busy road and she just won't drive in a lot of traffic. "Please, Lord, don't let me be like my parents when I get old. I don't want to be trouble for anybody."




I got home and washed two loads of clothes and tried to clean up a little in my computer room. Found some old pictures of Vance and me when we first got married. I was a skinny little thing back then. So, was Vance, but he still is. He still can wear those same old clothes. We still have some of the double knit pants. I had to hide them in a trunk, cause he always wore them when we went out. Check out my short dress and long straight wig. There's a story about that wig. We went to West Palm Beach to visit Vance's uncle (who also happened to be my first boyfriend) and his wife. While we were there, we went to a little amusement park that had bumper cars. We all got in a car and were having a great time, when Buddy decided to hit me from behind. He hit me so hard that my wig went straight up in the air and fell in my lap. I was mortified! That had to be my most embarrassing moment of my whole life. Thank the Lord we were the only ones there, except for the guy who was working there. He had a good laugh at my expense. I just reached down, grabbed that wig and slapped it back on my head. They laughed about that for years. Everytime we would see Buddy and Glenda, he never failed to bring it up and we'd laugh all over again. I haven't thought about that in years. Buddy died of a massive heart attack when he was 28 years old.
When I got on the computer, my first stop is always Michelle's blog, then I go to Vance's to see if he's posted anything, then check to see if there are any new pictures of Fox. Well, tonight (just when I needed it) they posted two videos of Fox. I laughed so hard I cried. His laugh is something else. You can't help but laugh right along with him. You have got to check it out for yourself. If you need a laugh, this will definitely brighten your day: http://sarcasticpicnic.blogspot.com/ I just wish Vance had been up when I found it. He would have laughed right along with me. But, he was wore out from working on the floor. That's hard work. This flooring isn't going in as easy as the other type. He can't just snap together and click and it's in place. He has to pound it in place. So, that takes more muscle and it takes longer to do.
It's getting really late, so I guess I better get to bed and get my beauty sleep. Take care.
Goodnight and God bless.......................

No comments: